DJI Tulum Video Thoughts

Reaction score
I must admit that this video was pretty entertaining to watch. After looking through the entire video it they mention they use FPV in the Mayan area, but to me that footage looks like the worst footage of the entire video. What are your thoughts? If you want to skip straight to that part it's near the 6 minute mark.

Reactions: WV. Rootman
There's footage from their 'digital FPV system' throughout the video. They mounted an Osmo Action camera on an FPV drone - which they didn't show us. It looks pretty good to me.

I should clarify that I was assuming they were using their new yet to be publicly released FPV drone in that section. I understand they used their other products elsewhere, but whatever they used around the 6 minute mark looks inferior to the rest of the video. I agree that the rest of the video looks good.

I should clarify that I was assuming they were using their new yet to be publicly released FPV drone in that section. I understand they used their other products elsewhere, but whatever they used around the 6 minute mark looks inferior to the rest of the video. I agree that the rest of the video looks good.
While I know little about FPV droning, I think it's safe to say that these drones don't have gimbals. FPV drone footage would be subject to vibration and buffeting that would need to be corrected-for in post or by in-camera stabilisation. You'd expect to see some kind of reduction in image quality. The flip-side is an immersive and exciting visual experience. If you haven't seen 'mountain surfing', check this out:

Back to the promotional video... Although you can simulate banking (horizon-tilt) in post; to me, a tilting horizon (along with acrobatic maneuvering) is evidence of footage shot shot with an FPV drone. You see this throughout the video! For example, from 3:58 through 4:18. I agree that the Mayan ruin was perhaps the least impressive.

Yeah I noticed that earlier section to but the video quality in that section was pretty good. I'm trying to figure out why the FPV footage from the Mayan section was so poor relative to the rest of the video.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20