Why is 1080p better than 4k????

Are you sure that the camera can do pixel binning? Because that would be quite an advanced feature of pro cameras. I suspect that more likely it just samples from fewer pixels, and therefore doesn't provide any noise advantages at 1080p...

I would also doubt the p4s cam does authentic analog binning, however he didn't say that, he did say interpolation,(which technically is digital), and would probably use a simple bilinear algorithm, which is what I imagine your explaining when you say samples from fewer pixels? I wonder what kind of interpolation the P4 is doing, does anyone know?

So i have the P4 Pro, since my brand new iMac i7 with FCP X doesnt seem to handle 4K 60FPS in which i think the video it takes looks stunning, im lowering it down to 4K 30FPS. Hopefully the iMac and FPC X will be able to tolerate better, but im still not sure if 30FPS is better than 60FPS, the 60 seems to have this nice "butter" look while 30FPS is very sharp, both are nice but the butter smooth like is also very unique and nice and i dont see it often.

Without getting too technical because i have NO CLUE about resolutions, just going off random bits and pieces of forum advice, would you say shooting in 4K 30FPS is ideal for everyday commerical video demanding 4K so they can watch on their 65" 4K UHD Samsung TVs? No slow mo or anything like that being used. Hopefully the iMac can handle 30FPS, i have yet to try to edit 30FPS.

Also, just throwing this in, if i have a handheld camera that shoots in 1080p (newer compact Canon) and i mix that video in with my 4K video will that downgrade the whole video to 1080p?

U can either upscale ur 1080p or downscale ur 4k to 1080p. Depends on ur final project. Better to hv 1080p project then downscale the 4k content.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Shooting in 1080p 24fps is much cleaner n less noisy than 4k. 4k may have more detail but its so noisy or maybe too much data to be written in the card but cant be consistent.
Shot some vids at night and boy i was so disapointed wid 4k. 1080 on the other hand im happy about shooting at low light. Coming from a p3p to p4. Really disapointed with the camera. Im using sandisk extreme pro on a 55 inch 4k tv.
I never use 3d noise reduction also as it adds an effect wen u yaw.
My 4k vids also stutters from time to time maybe cozof a high shutter speed in the bright day light?
Let me know wt u guys think.

Your shutter speed is too fast and that's why you get jumpy video. You should keep your shutter speed double your framrate and use nd filters to adjust the exposure and use the lowest ISO possible

[QUOTE="aaronrivera, post: 818135, member: 60mbps. Jwt, can u compare ur night vids? Shoot in 4k 3200iso then 1080 3200. Let me know which one is watchable. Make sure u get some darkness in the video so u can really see the noise. Thanks![/QUOTE]

3200 is the reason for all the noise. 3200 you might as well say screw it. Most times I run manual and don't go over 800 and that's already noisy

Ah Ah Ah ! It's like this kid (OMG No it's not even a kid...)has received too much information...He has now much more data inside than his brain can process and he is ingesting it slowly... But don't know yet what all that means exactly. So when it comes out it's not exactly in the right order.... lol I'm pissing in my pants laughing. I rarely read a so huge amount of crap at the same time.There is a dicton: Culture is like Jam; The less you have, the more you spread it! lol, He needs some one to re explain him from scratch. Frankly I'm not up to it. He killed me with his posts...
You should be suspended for a period.

This sort of attack on other members, particularly by someone knowledgeable and experienced against a new person trying to learn, is disgusting.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl