Who's is selling the P3A-P for Mavik

Reaction score
My cousin bought my P3A a month or so ago and wants to Craig list it / Ebay it for the Mavik.

I have a P3P and an X-Star Premium, i'm keeping them both. To me image quality wins over portability. I am not quite sold on the image, does not look as crisp in some of the examples I've seen.

I recently got into the whole drone thing with a P3A, but really like the portability, looks, abilities etc of the Mavic.

I will probably give the P3A to my 10 year old for him to have fun with and get the Mavic for myself.

I am sold on the Mavic's portability, but I'm not in the quality of the pics/videos. I am a traveler but would rather carry the P3P in airplanes in my back pack and get nice crisp videos and pictures.

People seem to be going ape for the Mavic. The P4 came out and there was a whole lot of hesitation. But this Mavic - people will sell their mother for it

Reactions: ELHEAPO and Blax
I'm all for image quality and right now the Mavic just isn't there for me. I've watched the videos and Casey's is right on the money saying not as good a camera as the P4. It will be nice to see if peau productions comes out with a lens that cleans up the mavic. You can already buy the even better lens for the P4. So I'm holding off because to me, the image clarity and quality is what I want. If the Mavic's camera was as good as the Phantom's then it would win hands down but what's the point in shooting a blurry 4k?... In other words, they could have kept the Mavic at 720 with the amount of blur that I see in it's picture.

Reactions: ElGuapo
People seem to be going ape for the Mavic. The P4 came out and there was a whole lot of hesitation. But this Mavic - people will sell their mother for it

Lol..

I'm all for image quality and right now the Mavic just isn't there for me. I've watched the videos and Casey's is right on the money saying not as good a camera as the P4. If the Mavic's camera was as good as the Phantom's then it would win hands down but what's the point in shooting a blurry 4k?... In other words, they could have kept the Mavic at 720 with the amount of blur that I see in it's picture.

I just gave you a "Like".

We have a trip coming up outside of the United States and the P3P is coming with us, even if it's bulkier in comparison to the Mavic. Hence the reason I purchased the backpack to carry under the seat as a second personal item to carry in the plane.
I want nice crispy pics/videos.

I'm all for image quality and right now the Mavic just isn't there for me. I've watched the videos and Casey's is right on the money saying not as good a camera as the P4. It will be nice to see if peau productions comes out with a lens that cleans up the mavic. You can already buy the even better lens for the P4. So I'm holding off because to me, the image clarity and quality is what I want. If the Mavic's camera was as good as the Phantom's then it would win hands down but what's the point in shooting a blurry 4k?... In other words, they could have kept the Mavic at 720 with the amount of blur that I see in it's picture.

I agree with you, I will keep the P3A for now and see if they do an update with a better camera. The footage from Mavic seems like a step backwards. However it might be the pre-release versions, but all the footage I have seen remind me of the Parrot drone, all blurry and washed out. It doesn't matter it's 4K when it looks like garbage. I watched Casey's review now, and sure he's right but I don't think he will get as good footage with the mavic as the P4, so we will have to see if he does go back to the P4 so it's going to match (then again he might do a lot of filtering in Post to make it match). I was most impressed with the weight, I saw something saying 1.5 and thought, well it's pretty heavy and the same as the P3/P4 line, then realized that was in lbs, not kg. Something like a bit over 700g is pretty light. Interested in seeing these 'real' flight times that people get with it too.

From another thread in the Mavic section, someone pointed out to Casey that he may need to adjust focus on his lens which he did. Another video that was posted in the Mavic section looked pretty sharp.

The compact size is a big selling feature for me as I usually travel with a LOT of gear. Still waiting for more "average Joe" videos to see what the quality is like before handing over the wallet.

I purchased a P3A less than a month ago. I'm really thinking of returning it and getting the Mavic. I understand not selling a used P3A/P3P and losing money, but would you get the Mavic if you could get a full refund on the previous purchase?

no thanks, saw some reviews talking about it not handling wind well, its something like 70% lighter, and with being in S.FL we have wind.

plus does anyone even know what the range people are getting yet? does it even match the P3P? sure it says 4 miles but who did a test

Reactions: aenbacka
Keeping both my Phantoms! The Mavic is definitely cool but unless l become a serious hiker l don't see the point. And is it just me or did they completely kill their P4 line?

Eating bread and water for the next month or 2. Just jumped on the Mavic bandwagon.
The P3a spends most of the time in my car. Unfortunately, It's a 2 seater with tiny boot space. The mavic solves this problem by now living in glove box.
I will probably offload the P3A when the Mavic arrives. I feel naked not having an aerial camera.

If this is the rate we are going with compatibility, there is a chance some one will make a mobile phone with motors and props and adopt gesture modes for controls.

From another thread in the Mavic section, someone pointed out to Casey that he may need to adjust focus on his lens which he did. Another video that was posted in the Mavic section looked pretty sharp.

The compact size is a big selling feature for me as I usually travel with a LOT of gear. Still waiting for more "average Joe" videos to see what the quality is like before handing over the wallet.

I am going to sit tight and see what happens with the pics/vids and range. I do not think no one has done a range test, 4 miles looks good in paper. We all know what happens in the real world when we go out there to fly our drones, so many variables that can cause inference and reduce range.
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.

Reactions: Trinimon
Who wants to buy P3P now? That should also be a question?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Agreed. I think that's a sh!t move to sell ur phantom for something that hasn't even been tested throughly.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I just gave you a "Like".

We have a trip coming up outside of the United States and the P3P is coming with us, even if it's bulkier in comparison to the Mavic. Hence the reason I purchased the backpack to carry under the seat as a second personal item to carry in the plane.
I want nice crispy pics/videos.
Forget getting that under a seat; trust me, it'll be in the locker!
And I'll be keeping my P3A. I'll wait for the proper Phantom upgrade before, well, upgrading as I certainly don't see the Mavic as one of those....

Honestly I love the engineering behind the Mavic.
I love its weight and portability.
And yes, image quality looks better on the phantom series.

What concerns me is not only image quality: I wonder how the Mavic is going to perform in the long run. There are too many moving parts that might become shaky with usage (arms first!), not to mention the blades. There is people literally going crazy trying to balance the blades so to have better flight performance and less vibrations.
I am not that kind of "pilot" but I understand that less vibrations means a longer life for the motors, longer flight times and probably better videos.
I just wonder how such foldable blades and arms can perform when they worn out.

And by the way, if prices of the Mavic will drop the same as those of the P3 with time, I might just wait and buy my Mavic for $600 (controller and additional battery included) in an year or so.
That way I'll keep my P3 and it's better image quality, and I'll bring the Mavic with me when I'll be hiking or just enjoing a walk.

Nevertheless it will be a long waiting...

Reactions: Trinimon

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl