Who's been flying the longest WITHOUT a crash or flyaway?

Reaction score
Phantom 1 only please.

Have you been flying a long time without a crash or incident? Who has bragging rights?
Post your experience.

I've had mine 3 months without any issues... Not going to win this but it's a start.

Reactions: JKDSensei
Phantom 1 only please.

Have you been flying a long time without a crash or incident? Who has bragging rights?
Post your experience.
2 years!. 1 incident that was not my fault. Long story short I took off in the woods and flew to a field. It lost it's mind after a faulty firmware update and rocketed back to where it took off and hit an oak tree at full tilt. I have never seen so much plastic fly.

Darn Cerone...easy come easy go. Looks like we have a new Champ.

So RMB, did you fly 2 years without an incident or only 1 incident in two years?

Whats the point? My thought is if you don't crash your not doing it right. How are you going to learn? I can't think of an outing that I didn't have at lest a tip-over. It's the reason I am in the hobby is to fly crash, fix, and fly some more. Live a little, flip it over to manual mode, see how good you really are. How else are you going find out that doing a half loop is not a good idea or how are you going to get it out of that tree that is stuck 60' up. I have had my bird (P1) for 2 years now. I have had a lot fun and learned a whole more than I ever thought I would ever know by flying and hanging out on this forum with you guys.

Had my P2 for 18 months. Only had one incident a few days after i bought it i flew atti mode into a tree. Luckily no damage & totally my fault. Since then over a year of incident free flying. No hiccups with the P2. It always behaves (touching wood).

Whats the point? My thought is if you don't crash your not doing it right. How are you going to learn? I can't think of an outing that I didn't have at lest a tip-over. It's the reason I am in the hobby is to fly crash, fix, and fly some more. Live a little, flip it over to manual mode, see how good you really are. How else are you going find out that doing a half loop is not a good idea or how are you going to get it out of that tree that is stuck 60' up. I have had my bird (P1) for 2 years now. I have had a lot fun and learned a whole more than I ever thought I would ever know by flying and hanging out on this forum with you guys.

What's the point?
In my years of flying RC (decades now), the guys I rarely saw crash were the guys who could fly circles around everyone else. They could do amazing things with their birds but only a mechanical failure could bring them down. And because of their expertise with the mechanics of the craft, that was also rare.

I've had aerobatic planes I've flown for years without a crash. Why not be proud of the skills I developed to do that?

I don't think a crash necessarily indicates you're doing it "right" lol

Had my P2 for 18 months. Only had one incident a few days after i bought it i flew atti mode into a tree. Luckily no damage & totally my fault. Since then over a year of incident free flying. No hiccups with the P2. It always behaves (touching wood).

I love stories like this. Excellent.

I have had my 1.1.1 phantom 4 months now over a dozen flights and no crahes or flyaways yet (touch wood) I have a dual battery setup on it with a headlight on the battery door. Looking at getting a flytrex setup either the core 2 or live 3d.

I guess i should add i had one tipover but no damage. But the bird has not flown away or dropped out of the sky yet. Lol

I've got 165 miles under my belt. No crashes, no tip-overs, nothing. I started slow, stayed slow and steady, and now I'm in my 6th week of learning to fly it well. I don't need a crash to tell me I'm learning, learning not to crash tells me I'm learning! It's been a great 6 weeks learning to fly this thing!

01.jpg

I have mine now a week :) first big mistake. Taking of propguards and use the same screws that where to long. 1st day flight stopt with 2 broken motors. Then i put Tiger Motors on it. And upgraded the firmware. First flight no control nothing crash on the ground comes back up and looses the batterie lol. But nothing broken. Checked the setting and changed a bit. Now flying "perfect" for a noob haha

Yes survived :) 10min later i was back in the air :) afther spending 8min searching the batterie lol

George, George, George of the Jungle................

Hey, it looks like you're out in the middle of nowhere.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav