• No I'm waiting to buy one

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Yes, Trackimo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, RF-V16

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Yes, Marco Polo

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Yes, another GPS tracker (specify if you don't mind)

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • No, I'm confident in my DJI platform

Votes: 7 29.2%

• Total voters
Looking at that tracker on Amazon, it looks like it uses magnets to attach to car bodies in the intended application. Wouldn't that screw up the phantom's compass?

Also, where do you mount it? It looks like the phantom's GPS antenna is on the top of the body. I would think you wouldn't want to cover that with a highly magnetic, electronic obstruction...

it come with 2 different backs. One with magnets and one without. I have not had any interference with it mounted on the legs of my P2 but it only has 2 antennas on the legs. On the P3 I will hang it in between the legs. I think it will be fine.

I gave even texted it while my P2 was in the air and it has never had an issue.

Reactions: uke
I'm looking into buying a tracker device. How is the range between the GPS tracker and trackers on radio waves? Im leaning more onto the GPS tracker but I want to hear other opinions.

How is the range between the GPS tracker and trackers on radio waves?
It depends which radio trackers you're referring to.

The range of GPS is unlimited. GPS trackers also require a cell signal in order to send the data back to the tracking device, so you could be limited by cell coverage if you're flying in an area that does not have good cell service.

Reactions: uke
It depends which radio trackers you're referring to.

The range of GPS is unlimited. GPS trackers also require a cell signal in order to send the data back to the tracking device, so you could be limited by cell coverage if you're flying in an area that does not have good cell service.

GPS trackers might also have an issue if the flying thing drops into a canyon. In AZ once you get into the canyons you lose cell phone coverage quite quickly. Something to consider.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor