Who has never had a problem with their Phantom?

How many issues?

• never had one

Votes: 189 68.0%
  • just a minor quirk

Votes: 64 23.0%
  • needed a trip to DJI for service

Votes: 22 7.9%
  • first one didn't last

Votes: 3 1.1%

• Total voters
I've only had one issue. After a few months I've developed a few stress cracks on as many arms. Doesn't seem to affect it. Maybe it has released the stresses. I plan to buy a new shell and rebuild it myself. Sounds like a fun day to me. I hardly worry about my drone as far as functionally goes anymore. I love it. I can live with some stress fractures. I love taking things apart and now I have an excuse. So I guess I haven't had zero problems but I consider this minor considering what it does as a whole.

My first was a Phantom 1 shortly after they were introduced. I took it 1000 miles from home to fly it there, forgot to recalibrate the compass, and it flew away. I got another one immediately, and it has flown flawlessly ever since. And I have not forgotten to recalibrate.

I see many tales from hell here, but few happy stories. I would like to know how many here have never had an issue with their copter? Maybe a little glitch is no biggie, but for the most part, who has unboxed and just started flying and never stopped?
Been flying a P3A several times a week since August, and it has always worked as advertised. It even followed the the laws of physics when a tree jumped in front of it. Through that experience I've found parts to be of reasonable cost and are available. Easily several hundred hours of flight time in sunshine, fog, snow and temperatures in the single digits (F). I'd have no qualms getting another one if I destroyed this one.

Ultra sonic errors. No GPS, no signal, 1 fly away but recovered! Critical battery error, lol. Still I love flying the p3 though! But I'm selling mine due to a 1 year old boy who was blinded in one eye back here in the UK last year, I don't feel that their safe enough yet. I will buy another copter in a few years time when they have improved with technology.

I have two P2v+ and have over 400+ combined hours and have only had one issue where I accidently tried to update my Zen IMU for the camera and bricked it. DJI repaired and have had over a year's flying on both with no issues. Both fully updated firmware and I do preflight and post flight check list every time. Saint for snow to stop now so I can fly. Couple of small crashes that were pilot error but Phantoms working flawless with all functions. I fly a lot over woods and water with no concerns. As with any electronics I know thir can and will be failure. It not if... It's just when! having a great time till then. Every time I have flown I put a dollar in a jar. At $ 400 plus flight I can say I'm close to the new bird should one of these guys go down. love this stuff!

I've had my P2V for over two years, and while I don't fly as often as probably most others, I take it on our RV trips everywhere we go. Ya can't beat aerial shots of your campsites!

So far, the only thing that sometimes gives me pause is when the video connection (my phone mounted on the controller) freezes up and locks on the 'last view', but actual control of the bird has never gone away. No flyaways, no involuntary landings, and no 'serious' crashes. So far, so good. ;)

365 miles and over 34 hours of flight. All has been great, had one issue with video feedback a couple of firmware's ago but was fixed in the next update. Always try to stay on top of everything such as preflight checks, especially sensor readings, voltage, wind conditions, etc. Very pleased with my Phantom 3 Pro [emoji4]
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1453644609.362670.jpg

I'm still pretty new, but ~50 flights no problems. This thing is amazing.

Sent from my iPod touch using PhantomPilots mobile app
Just curious, what is the temp there during the pictured flight? How much did it affect your battery and other stuff? It's a nice pic and with an impending storm here in the north east I am thinking of doing the same if it will not have adverse effects on my quad. Thanks.
I live at over 10K feet so days above 30 degrees are rare this time of year. I've flown at 10 degrees with no problems. Start with full batteries and watch your voltage.

16 months - 4 batteries, 50 flights each - total 200 flights - and still going strong. I had a couple of close calls that were totally my fault - but, never an incident. I think a part of it is that it is a Phantom 2 Vision + and the software has NOT been updated in more than a year. I know that software updates create crashes - until the beta version is totally "bug free". Well, they got there with the "last update" for my bird and then they stopped. This was great - totally stable and has run absolutely great ever since. Then they came out with Version 3, and left my software alone and started only writing code for the Version 3. That is fine - stay away from me and my "bug free" phantom.

Actually I've never had a problem with my phantom, save for the only time I crashed it due to user error. Other than that it has been smooth sailing.

No problem flying but broke the lensglass while trying to get it off for my new ND filter....

Only issue I had was with my Galaxy S6 - it would not connect to the phantom. The phone had been acting up previously, but once I reset it everything was fine. Wasn't a DJI problem at all.

I have an original Phantom 2, a Phantom Vision, and a Phantom 2 Pro. The first two I have replaced the cases on several times due to close encounters with trees on my property. Not pleasant. The Phantom 2 Pro I have flown many times and have only had one issue with it, caused by me, not the craft.

I had decided I wanted to record a local sweet corn field being harvested. It was about 5 miles from my house. I drove there, fired up the Phantom 2P and began recording. I felt good about it, so stopping the propellers but not powering down, I placed it in my car and drove a few miles and pulled it out and took off again. Then I went across the interstate and recorded again. This was early on in ownership and I was not aware of the automatic home point or the fact it would attempt to return there when the battery ran low.

I had to crash it into a corn field (in sandy soil, thankfully) to prevent it from crossing back over the interstate. When I retrieved it, two propellers would not spin. Powering it down and restarting resolved that. I also learned about home points pretty quick.

Ii have had multiple flights, including among windmills (at a safe distance) with no other issues. It has been a dream to fly for me and no repairs!

i-35-and-windmills.1027

Last edited:
I had an update issue when I first received mine. That took a bit of work to resolve. Since then I've crashed it a few times but never had any issues.

Ultra sonic errors. No GPS, no signal, 1 fly away but recovered! Critical battery error, lol. Still I love flying the p3 though! But I'm selling mine due to a 1 year old boy who was blinded in one eye back here in the UK last year, I don't feel that their safe enough yet. I will buy another copter in a few years time when they have improved with technology.

I will sell my golf clubs - my tennis gear - my air rifle and my loom bands! All have sadly blinded children!
Accident's happen - I bet kids have been blinded by paper darts. Common sense must prevail.

Zero problems. Occasional compass interference that is related to launching in urban areas but that is on me and is easy to resolve with calibration over grass. Probably could ignore but I am overly cautious with checklist.

Three months and no problems with my P3P. One tree collision was entirely pilot error! Big lesson learned.

When I first got my P3A, my first firmware update came due. No matter what I did I could not get the update to work. I called DJI and talked to a rep who was very friendly and after listening to me and going through the motions with me over the phone to try to update it, gave me a return on it, I shipped it back to them on Thursday and received it back the next Thursday repaired and all updates done and ready to fly. I have not had a problem since. That was last October. So as far as I am concerned I made the right decision with DJI.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing