Who has never had a problem with their Phantom?

How many issues?

• never had one

Votes: 189 68.0%
  • just a minor quirk

Votes: 64 23.0%
  • needed a trip to DJI for service

Votes: 22 7.9%
  • first one didn't last

Votes: 3 1.1%

• Total voters
100+ flights, one pilot error incident resulting in a $100 fix.100% fun and challenging.

... but for the most part, who has unboxed and just started flying and never stopped?
"unboxed and started flying"=="crashes, lost quad"

I had purchased a dozen quads and built few quads from parts, from my experiences, unless one takes time to tune and test fly the vehical, one can't prevent crashes.

I've had a couple that always flew just great (absent my own learning curve). I did brick the transmitter / control unit on my P3P but DJI responded and replaced it in only about 2 weeks. I've been very happy with them.

I see many tales from hell here, but few happy stories. I would like to know how many here have never had an issue with their copter? Maybe a little glitch is no biggie, but for the most part, who has unboxed and just started flying and never stopped?
I have the professional and the Advanced and have not had any issues. I must say that I started flying a few years ago with a much cheaper drone. I guess learning on the older drones helped a lot because they were very unstable and I had to learn the hard way without any GPS or stability offered with that technology. So I would suggest anyone thinking of buying a DJI to start out with a cheaper model. I do prefer the Advanced over my Professional. Mainly because the video is easier to compress. I would suggest getting the prop guards and following ALL the safety rules. Have fun and fly safe.

Reactions: rowdyjim
194 flights .... 30 hours in the air .... ZERO problems! Great thread! Typical tho .... You only hear about the horror stories .. You hear about the bad car crash .. but you DON'T hear about the other 100 million cars that are being driven safely!

Reactions: BulletProof inc.
I see many tales from hell here, but few happy stories. I would like to know how many here have never had an issue with their copter? Maybe a little glitch is no biggie, but for the most part, who has unboxed and just started flying and never stopped?
I was out flying in the Arizona Desert. With my P3a. I was out about 3000 feet and got an error lost GPS (something). Happen so fast. It flashed red top of the screen 3 times and then back to Gps. I watched the flight log and did not see it which. Only other thing is transmission interference. But DJI-Tim pointed out if flying with multiple drone switch over to custom setting in your controller signal setting.

My blasted pro keeps drain the battery every 20 to 26 minutes has happened at least 8 times to three different batteries.

No real issues with either my P2V+ or P3P other than stress cracks which I may have contributed to by tightening the prop guards too much. Sent the shell in to my dealer (unlikely that this would have been covered) and everything is fine.
The problem as pointed out by everyone is you never hear the good stories. Quite frankly if everyone posted about great flights, the problems people are having would be drowned out by the shear volume of positives. That is why when comments about forums and the like being filled with negative comments about DJI aren't really reflective of the current reality. I think everyone hear understands this of course, but new comers looking this over would think that this was a bigger problem than it really is.

I will offer one piece of advice though. Learn to fly in ATTI mode. If you loose GPS and it starts to fly away you can flip to ATTI relatively easily and still bring it back. Never rely on GPS alone but learn the flight characteristics of the craft. I find flying in ATTI with my P2V+ is quite different than the P3P so just takes some muscle memory to remember.

60 flights, 3 crashes, one bad and no malfunctions on my P3 Pro. A gimbal guard is a must. I love my dependable phantom.

Not only have I not had a problem but I just posted a story from earlier today where my Phantom braved a tree and managed its way back to me without radio signal. It's a happy story alright.
I had the same thing happen, lost video for a short time, moved , got it back in time to see an incoming tree. I hit climb, the bird lost signal, and when I regained signal it was heading home. Only things that have caused problems for me was after starting second flights on batteries that were around 50%. The bird would go critical battery and land where it was

Just curious, what is the temp there during the pictured flight? How much did it affect your battery and other stuff? It's a nice pic and with an impending storm here in the north east I am thinking of doing the same if it will not have adverse effects on my quad. Thanks.

I flew today with my P3A, temp outside around -5C and quite light wind. Was up around 17 minutes before landing. Had still over 20% battery left and all was fine.

Pic from flight below
3275208b2b9e4e14a1dfb35dc85be286.jpg

I have never had any problems with my FC40. Being this model shows how long I have had it, great aircraft.

Phantom 3, Pro - 81 Flights, 7 Hrs 18 Min, 183,676 Ft with 0 problems and nothing but amazement on my part....

Got my Phantom 3 Pro in September. Have flown it 26 times for 5-15 minutes without issue. Did crash it when I flew in a forest on manual. Got turned around in real tight quarters. It brushed up against a branch about 15 feet from the ground and tumbled into some brush upside down and took a nick out of one prop. Totally operator error! No harm done though, other than the prop. I love this thing!

It's a lot of open terrain flying up here in the North Woods of VT..................I average about 3 - 4 miles per flight.......Still lots of battery for return and no city or buildings or ANYTHING really..........Wildlife............It's only 50 or so flights............Sounds like a big number in all total.It's also almost a year old...............Great Fun.........

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20