Who has never had a problem with their Phantom?

How many issues?

• never had one

Votes: 189 68.0%
  • just a minor quirk

Votes: 64 23.0%
  • needed a trip to DJI for service

Votes: 22 7.9%
  • first one didn't last

Votes: 3 1.1%

• Total voters
An interesting statistic would be the habits & flying location of the individuals who never have any problems. I have less than a year into the hobby. My son finds my pre-flight routines ridiculous but thus far I have not had a single issue.

P3P - New from Best Buy- 75 flights, Not one problem (knock, knock, knock on wood). Learning to fly a bird with no GPS made all the difference too. Plus the countless hours of youtube videos I watched on the P3 helped tremendously. I was so use to drifting that it kinda became second nature to me. When my P3P had it's maiden flight I was just shocked at how well it handled and responded to my controls. I've bought CF props, a front facing LED head light, an Ipad mini2, Lenses, back-pack case, gimble protector, etc.... and everything has worked so perfectly. I know nothing good lasts forever, LOL, maybe I should stop while I'm ahead! Happy Flying

I would ALMOST say no problems at all. I do have the dreaded tilted horizon but with the winds we get and the mountains it is never that noticeable. I bought from Maplin who are fantastic at swopping things out but as it is so brilliant in everything else I don't want to change it!
On a scale of 1 to 100 how happy I am with the P3 Pro I would say 110!!!

Never had a problem from my P3, i love it. Big improvement over the Phantom 2. I had a battery failure and bad crash on my P2V+ but DJI repaired it at no cost. I still fly the P2V+ and it has given me no problems since the repair.

We could probably multiply the response numbers by 50, 100 perhaps more, to get a real indication of happy stories to bad endings.

You expect to see the "quick, help immediately, i test flew in my bathroom with the brand new fresh out of the box battery (cant beleive they wouldnt have charhed it at the factory) and i need a brand new phantom or full refund straight away". Awesome to see the good stories.

Im 5 months in, do 2 to 3 batteries at least four days most weeks. No issues.

Played around with self built rigs prior to this. Lightbridge, GPS+GLONAS, easy of setup and portability, great range and reliable and predictable performance.

You cant get it all diy at this price point.

Only complaint is the camera quality. Yes its fantastic in great light but dawn and dusk leave it wanting- yes, i know unreasonable to expect too much from what is essentially a high end mobile phone canera with better optics. Im getting an inspire with X5 for that reason but will stick to the phantom in less challenging light.

This is a great product.

Yes, that X5 camera is really tempting. But I better not. Lost 3 wives already. But hey, when it comes down to a wife or a Phantom.......................

Reactions: rigor
Had mine since launch but it is back in the shop with a faulty camera, just a hardware fault evident through poor video signal and intermittent errors when the firmware version is being checked on startup. Common problem apparently for the early builds.

No big deal, its on its way back after a week with DJI.

My only gripe is with a product as expensive as the P3 Pro I think DJI should pay shipping both ways under warranty when its a known issue. Not a deal breaker but their customer service could be better.

25 flights no problems here DJI phantom advanced my first RC with over 400,000ft love long range.

Received my P3A last week. Charged the TX and drone batteries and flew afterwards. No issues and haven't updated to latest firmware as I live in a warm climate (no cold weather issues with batteries)

I've had a Phantom 2, Phantom 2 Vision, Phantom 2 Vision+ and now I have a P3P. 100+ flights with the P3P and never an issue. 75% of my flights are somewhere other than my home area and I have only calibrated the compass on a few occasions when the app advised me to. Calibrated IMU once. The last couple of weeks I've been flying when the wind chill was -12 F and haven't had any problem, other than cold fingers. Great dependable machine.

mls 8626 County Road P 32 winter 07.jpg

I see many tales from hell here, but few happy stories. I would like to know how many here have never had an issue with their copter? Maybe a little glitch is no biggie, but for the most part, who has unboxed and just started flying and never stopped?

Unfortunately, you didn't include an option like "At least one problem every day" so I can't vote ;)

Just hit the 100 flights mark, almost 24 hrs in the air, and now 392km +.....
Flawless.
Not a single problem or issue.
Fantastic little quadcopter. Great value for money I reckon. People not into these think that £1,500 (copter plus a few extra batteries, case etc.) is an awful lot of money to spend on a toy. But I think that its actually an amazing bargain what these things are actually capable of, time after time.
If you take my little 100 flight tally so far and divide that into the £1,500 i spent on it, thats £15 per flight so far (and decreasing with each flight of course)
Great value I believe!!
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1453417237.871081.jpg

Reactions: Wolfiesden
Just hit the 100 flights mark, almost 24 hrs in the air, and now 392km +.....
Flawless.
Not a single problem or issue.
Fantastic little quadcopter. Great value for money I reckon. People not into these think that £1,500 (copter plus a few extra batteries, case etc.) is an awful lot of money to spend on a toy. But I think that its actually an amazing bargain what these things are actually capable of, time after time.
If you take my little 100 flight tally so far and divide that into the £1,500 i spent on it, thats £15 per flight so far (and decreasing with each flight of course)
Great value I believe!!
View attachment 41432

Hey, how did you get that display?

In the DJI GO app. Just click on 'Me' menu (bottom right)
Click on the circle thing, then edit in top right.
Then u can add any picture u want

I have never flown with GO. It doesn't run long enough to even do a takeoff before it locks up.

Will have to see if Lichi has similar.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl