Who has found the best video for adding FPV and OSD/SOSD to the FC40?

Darn, seems like the forums have died down a lot. I have posted in other spots too with no responces.

Thanks for your time tho!

i
I also noticed that the top right has a home icon and said 221000 meters. I assume that is supposed to be how far from home the bird is. Obviously not right and the number varies within 100meters or so. My phantom has a nice still hover and can't be something wrong with the gps. The thing in the middle that shows where u are from home doesn't work either. Altitude works good too. I'm thinking a GPS connection issue but you would assume it wouldn't fly right if that was the case

Any ideas anyone?

Mine was doing weird things like that before it finally stopped working. I cannot say yours will stop working as I was messing with mine to try to fix it with the FTDI card to try to get rid of the strange numbers. Mine should be back soon from China, I sent it back to be reflashed. In the meantime I have been using an N1 OSD and I am thinking to keep using it. The FTDI card seems to work best in Windows 7 if you decide to get one. The MINI SOSD is a great OSD, but the N1 seems easier and more dependable. I will let you know what happens once the card returns. They are going to tell me what happened why it stopped working from some sort of diagnostic. The only thing they wont do is tell me how to load the bootloader and reflash. I have found similar bootloaders, but not sure which one is the right one. It requires a separate USB card to load it also. Someone is bound to figure it out, but I will keep trying to find the answers.

i

Mine was doing weird things like that before it finally stopped working. I cannot say yours will stop working as I was messing with mine to try to fix it with the FTDI card to try to get rid of the strange numbers. Mine should be back soon from China, I sent it back to be reflashed. In the meantime I have been using an N1 OSD and I am thinking to keep using it. The FTDI card seems to work best in Windows 7 if you decide to get one. The MINI SOSD is a great OSD, but the N1 seems easier and more dependable. I will let you know what happens once the card returns. They are going to tell me what happened why it stopped working from some sort of diagnostic. The only thing they wont do is tell me how to load the bootloader and reflash. I have found similar bootloaders, but not sure which one is the right one. It requires a separate USB card to load it also. Someone is bound to figure it out, but I will keep trying to find the answers.
Awesome! Thanks for the response, I look forward to hearing what they say.

I don't get why the distance and mode would not show the correct data, but the bird would still fly normal as could be. It has to be a software glitch or something in my opinion, but I will keep messing with it. Maybe I'll try the ftdi adapter thing too....I dunno what to do...

I hate when stuff goes wrong and u can't figure it out. Especially when it turns out to be a bad part that's new

Awesome! Thanks for the response, I look forward to hearing what they say.

I don't get why the distance and mode would not show the correct data, but the bird would still fly normal as could be. It has to be a software glitch or something in my opinion, but I will keep messing with it. Maybe I'll try the ftdi adapter thing too....I dunno what to do...

I hate when stuff goes wrong and u can't figure it out. Especially when it turns out to be a bad part that's new
Do you happen to fly 221000 meters from someplace in China?

I wish...lol. it's very strange, can't figure it out for the life of me.

Hey, also do you know if throttle can be hooked up on a phantom fc40 with the sosd? Wasn't sure how to hook it up...thanks

I wish...lol. it's very strange, can't figure it out for the life of me.

Hey, also do you know if throttle can be hooked up on a phantom fc40 with the sosd? Wasn't sure how to hook it up...thanks

I did not see where the NAZA had those capabilities. i tried to only have on the OSD what it was capable of doing with the NAZA. The MINI SOSD was impressive in that it had a huge list of options in there. I will definitely look into it when I get the OSD back.

Reactions: dtitus6297
I put together another F450 with the parts from my FC40, I'm hooking up the s-osd I had used before. I found one of the 4 pin connectors that goes between the Naza and GPS had a loose connection. The osd kept rebooting so i took a trip to a local overpriced hobby store and found a kit to make servo cables ,I used the overpriced crimper to fix the pins.
Let's see if the weather holds up. I want to fly.

I had the same problem with the ground wire on the GPS in plug to the sosd. I sodered a new tip onto the connector and the connection is good and power is good but my sosd is acting funny still. Said I'm 21000 meters away but the GPS coordinates are spot on when I punch me into my phone....wtf

I put together another F450 with the parts from my FC40, I'm hooking up the s-osd I had used before. I found one of the 4 pin connectors that goes between the Naza and GPS had a loose connection. The osd kept rebooting so i took a trip to a local overpriced hobby store and found a kit to make servo cables ,I used the overpriced crimper to fix the pins.
Let's see if the weather holds up. I want to fly.
And also my flight mode said I'm in manual mode all the time even tho it works fine on the phantom. I'm puzzled. I got an ftdi adapter and am gonna mess with it tonight again

Anyone find a more detailed instructions on updating the sosd with the ftdi adapter?

I keep getting a Com port error and also I get a message of "this requires elevation" or something about elevation. I have tried to update firmware and the chairstream or whatever it is called. Anyone else have these issues?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr