Who has flown the new P4P with the just released Go 4 app?

OK, looks like I will begin.... rec'd Phantom 4P today, using my Samsung Tab S2 tablet... Cheraged everything up, successfully upgraded the firmware. I went through the menu and set a few things up then went for a flight.

Ideal conditions and good lighting. Rock steady in GPS mode, nice and quick in Sport mode.

One of the things I like the best so far is the ability to continuously shoot video and take photos at the same time... awesome.

Posted is a sample photo on whatever the factory setting are... I didn't even look, I wanted to get in the air.

One thing.... crooked horizon - I will re-calibrate and see if that fixes it :)

With all the new functions on the app it will take a while to get to know all of them... more later:)

Attachments

• TestP4P-01.jpg
    TestP4P-01.jpg
    810.3 KB · Views: 457
Reactions: Sparky1963
Horizon? Judging from the telephone pole in the foreground the frame is pretty square to the ground...what starts to worry me is the telephone poles further down the left side leaning towards the outer edge of the frame as the trees in the upper mid right side lean towards their side of the frame...a bit of barrel distortion that far out?

Horizon? Judging from the telephone pole in the foreground the frame is pretty square to the ground...what starts to worry me is the telephone poles further down the left side leaning towards the outer edge of the frame as the trees in the upper mid right side lean towards their side of the frame...a bit of barrel distortion that far out?
There could be a bit of barrel distortion, but the horizon was definitely crooked... but I had not calibrated it yet either. I was able to correct it in the app adjustment settings, but I did not fly long enough to see if that held true.

Today I literally upgraded the firmware and flew as the sun was getting low... I will calibrate the gimbal and fly again tomorrow :)

Have you looked at the resolution of the photos taken while shooting video to determine what the resolution is? Is it 20mp, or is it a frame capture of the video?

Ah... you may be right, it may not be full 20MP, let me do some testing tomorrow... and I need to check all my settings.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic