Who got a drone back from DJI? Wait until you read this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys -

I hate to admit that this truly does disappoints me.. I have forwarded this all to upper management and all I can say is we are coming up with some new protocols to avoid this in the future. Unfortunately that's all I can do in cases like this. Once again I'm only forum support but I do have ties to people that can help, so not a complete waste.

Please don't think this should or will be the standard that one should expect from DJI LA repair. We have new techs, in a new building and still trying to get ops up to 100%. As you can imagine it does take time to bring a new person on as well. This is not an excuse but rather trying to be 100% honest. Please understand that we are striving for top notch repair and turn around times, it just isn't happening fast enough. Rest assured the right people are in charge and these type of issues will be corrected!

Ken
When?

I bought in knowing the customer service was crap. You have to assume, as a company making things that crash mostly every time they fail, the costs of warranty support on these must be super high. That and every d-bag that slams their drone into a tree is claiming it's DJI's fault. DJI would be under in a week if they weren't careful about what to support and what not to. Just look at how many fliers on a P3 message board miss fundamental instructions in the manual, assume things are wrong, and complain about it on here. It's a shame that ignorance increases costs for us.

What we hopefully can look forward to as DJI continues to set the standard for drones (just like apple for smartphones) is 3rd party repair shops popping up to support us with more convenient locations, better service, and cheaper repairs. 3D printers will also allow them to print parts and enhancements. Let's try to support this as much as we can. Nurture the 3rd party repair industry when it sprouts up. Publish DJI manuals, document repairs that you do, maybe a DJI repair wiki?

Reactions: Meta4
...I would be more concerned that you have had to send in for repairs on both a DJI and a 3DR. At a certain point one must start to think that it is not the equipment itself that is having errors.

Reactions: Gosling1
Guys -

I hate to admit that this truly does disappoints me.. I have forwarded this all to upper management and all I can say is we are coming up with some new protocols to avoid this in the future. Unfortunately that's all I can do in cases like this. Once again I'm only forum support but I do have ties to people that can help, so not a complete waste.

Please don't think this should or will be the standard that one should expect from DJI LA repair. We have new techs, in a new building and still trying to get ops up to 100%. As you can imagine it does take time to bring a new person on as well. This is not an excuse but rather trying to be 100% honest. Please understand that we are striving for top notch repair and turn around times, it just isn't happening fast enough. Rest assured the right people are in charge and these type of issues will be corrected!

Ken

You know what I am not buying this. This is a band aid solution to an open wound problem. The problem is Communication from the tech repair team. Even Comcast's customer service has better service than this and it is often adjudged the worst customer service in USA. At least in the LA office a customer should be able to get feedback within 48 hours and there is no way in hell a product repair takes 7 weeks to fix. there are not 20 million DJI fliers in US, there are probably only 2 people working 10 am to 1 pm and call it a day. In china it takes 7 weeks to manufacture 20 million iPhones and we can't get ONE drone back to a user and we cant even get a direct status about whats going on with it? You know this is why so many people vent here because they don't have the confidence in DJI to fix it in time or fix it at all. This WILL eventually trickle down to purchases and it will take 1! competent product from 1 competitor to demolish DJI sales.

You know what I am not buying this. This is a band aid solution to an open wound problem. The problem is Communication from the tech repair team. Even Comcast's customer service has better service than this and it is often adjudged the worst customer service in USA. At least in the LA office a customer should be able to get feedback within 48 hours and there is no way in hell a product repair takes 7 weeks to fix. there are not 20 million DJI fliers in US, there are probably only 2 people working 10 am to 1 pm and call it a day. In china it takes 7 weeks to manufacture 20 million iPhones and we can't get ONE drone back to a user and we cant even get a direct status about whats going on with it? You know this is why so many people vent here because they don't have the confidence in DJI to fix it in time or fix it at all. This WILL eventually trickle down to purchases and it will take 1! competent product from 1 competitor to demolish DJI sales.

Complete and utter nonsense.

Support is getting better. It's not an overnight fix. I certainly hope the complainers here are not taking this out on the support reps as it is not their fault.

Complete and utter nonsense.

Support is getting better. It's not an overnight fix. I certainly hope the complainers here are not taking this out on the support reps as it is not their fault.
The poor service that DJI is dishing out to its consumers is in no way the fault of the employees that work at DJI. The bad practices all trickle down from DJI's corporate leaders. The leaders of DJI are the one's pushing the buttons. Life for the employee at DJI must be difficult at best.

Reactions: BigKenny
Sorry folks, we seem to have de-railed so were gonna have to close it down.

train-wreck-500.jpg

Reactions: bobmyers
Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20