Who flys in the winter?

1481659395745.jpg

This was also in about -10C

Sent from my SM-G925F using PhantomPilots mobile app

Just flew the other day in the snow at 33 degrees F. Didn't hurt a thing.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I was happy with the 9443s but then DB told me about the 9450s and that they had more thrust and yada yada yada, plus they have better hubs, less likely to spin off, so now I'm flying them, but I have to wonder that maybe there's an advantage to the 9443s in winter. I don't need to be snappin' a prop at 400'

Night flying in winter? Sounds pretty brutal. I don't have to worry about that problem though because I'm in the DC SFRA - no night flights!

why would 9443s work better if their is less thrust? maybe i missed something, i always used the 9450 CF enhanced on my P2V+. i fly all year round no matter the temp. never had a prop break, the coldest ive flown in was ~-10f in high altitude. seems like the 9443 has much more flex which kills the efficiency. also it was mentioned earlier , but the battery temp is the biggest concern, with the old P2 i would land at about 50% battery

I'd go with the CF enhanced 9450, I had great luck with them, in fact i broke out my P2 the other day just to make sure the batteries weren't fried, brought back some great memories!

Reactions: Mark The Droner
They wouldn't work better. But they'd be less inclined to break in the brutal cold.

hey do you happen to know if you can rotate the P2V+ above the 90 degree point like you can on the P3 and P4? i noticed that 90 degrees was the highest i would go and wondered if there's a way to tilt higher upwards?

Just went to fly my P3S today, I live in Chicago and we had a windchill of -1 Fahrenheit, flew well but only about 7 minutes because I had other things to do but wanted to fly before we get hit with snow again this afternoon. Check out my video

Reactions: loonie01
Flew mine last Tuesday in 24F with no probs at all. I'm still new at this so my videography is not the best but you gotta start some where's right!!!!

Flew mine last Tuesday in 24F with no probs at all. I'm still new at this so my videography is not the best but you gotta start some where's right!!!!

I got my p3s just this past week. First flight was 9 degrees out. So i guess i fly in the winter. Odly enough i dont use my dslr much in the winter however...

Northern Ontario Canada here and I fly in -20°C with no issues. Battery life is maybe 5 minutes less but that's it.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.