Who can help me overcome this imu calibration error?

Reaction score
Screenshot_20191023-115820.png

Try Calibrateing away from any electro-mechanical interference such as TV, Radio, Metal Structures any Radio Interference on a level surface and see how you get on, good luck.

Interference is not a problem when you are calibrating your IMU. A perfectly level surface is ideal of course.

A quick forum/Google search gave several instances of people asking about this error. DJI support has responded a few times to turn off your AC for an hour, and then try it again in a cool room. There is also a video that several people have posted and at least a couple of guys who weren't following the on screen graphics (moving the AC to specific orientations) during the IMU cal process.

Your mileage may vary of course. I don't have a P4, so I am only passing along what I saw in a cursory search. Don’t stop your own research. Good luck.

Cheers!

Last edited:
I had to do the IMU calibration procedure several times to get it right. One of the key factors was making sure you have a very level surface to do it. I hear drone temperature (warmed up) is not good...so try calibration at ambient temperature. Also, I've heard interference can cause errors so trying the procedure in an RV, trailer, etc was discouraged by a couple of pilots but I'm skeptical that is an issue. If you are sure you did the calibration procedure correctly (didn't do any of the flips out of sequence, for instance) then you may have an "Emu in your IMU", LOL, and may need some type of internal repair.

Last edited:
Interference is not a problem when you are calibrating your IMU. A perfectly level surface is ideal of course.

A quick forum/Google search gave several instances of people asking about this error. DJI support has responded a few times to turn off your AC for an hour, and then try it again in a cool room. There is also a video that several people have posted and at least a couple of guys who weren't following the on screen graphics (moving the AC to specific orientations) during the IMU cal process.

Your mileage may vary of course. I don't have a P4, so I am only passing along what I saw in a cursory search. Don’t stop your own research. Good luck.

Cheers!

I tend to agree that interference is not an issue unless the interference is your wife, lol. You're just "teaching" the sensors what true level is and that has no bearing on quality of any signal reception.

Reactions: MTO and Oso

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl