Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

While Flying P34k "Strong Interference Detected ?

Discussion in 'Phantom 4K' started by max360, Dec 23, 2017.

1. max360

hello While Flying P34k "Strong Interference Detected I lose the video signal ! big zone
    open area Did you have this problem ? model dji phatom 3 4k iphone se

2. brokenprops115

Hi,
    My P3S used to receive "strong interference" also at all times. Every once in a while, the aircraft disconnected, with no video or RC reception. What I did was bought a "SKYREAT parabolic range extender" off of amazon for about 11 bucks, and now I hardly receive the message or lose video at random. Also, you may be standing under buried power lines.
    Happy Holidays!

Omokjoe likes this.
  3. Macfawlty

My biggest issue with the P3 4K when I bought it was the disappointing flight range, which goes in hand with the strong interference. If there’s anything in the general area... trees especially, even the ground itself...interference. You could smack your head in frustration for a while, but the best solution is the Itelite DBS range extender. At $100, it’s an absolute necessity. You could go perhaps 2 miles depending on the situation. Cheaper solutions like the parabolic foil things are a waste of money

4. Mark The Droner

Those windsurfer parabolic deals work - provided it's made correctly, installed correctly, and aimed correctly. There's no question about it, pilots have been getting great range with them for years. But the ITELITE DBS, IMO, is the king of 5.8 ghz RC antennas. The MAXXRANGE is even better, although it only works for 2.4 ghz (FPV).

5. BarryWilson

I'm curious how you keep your drones in sight at those distances. I fly mine out to 200-300 yards and unless the sky is dark behind it I've lost sight of it. I have never lost radio contact within visual line of sight and was able to use the camera to locate where it was a bring it back within seeing distance.

6. info4tim

FPV of course!