WHICH TABLET?

Reaction score
I was given a Phantom 4 (not the Pro version!) as a gift, ( prior owner did not fly it.)
Which tablet should I get? I have an NVIDIA tablet but I heard that people have issues with the DJI app. and Android OS.
I want to avoid as many problems as possible, so is the Apple ipad mini 4 with Cellular capabilities the way to go?

but I heard that people have issues with the DJI app. and Android OS.
I want to avoid as many problems as possible
What you heard is not correct.
The DJI app runs just as well on either operating system.
It doesn't run well on underpowered tablets with either operating system.
The NVIDIA Shield was good flying tablet in it's day.
But that was quite a few years back and modern tablets have more RAM and faster processors.
Give it a go anyway and see how you go.

I have an NVIDIA tablet but I heard that people have issues with the DJI app. and Android OS
I haven't run into any issues with the several Android devices I've used. The people making such comments are probably trying to save money by buying the least expensive Android devices. Apple doesn't sell bargain buster mobile devices, so any device they produce can usually handle running any application.

I want to avoid as many problems as possible, so is the Apple ipad mini 4 with Cellular capabilities the way to go?
The Mini 4 would work. Or try one of these mobile devices:

Reactions: GFields
Mini 4 WiFi only (or cell) runs Go 4 just fine. If planning on a Mavic using Fly in the future, you will need the mini 5, a bit more powerful.

I have several drones that use different apps so I use the Tripltek Tablet for that reason and the fact it is the brightest tablet I know of.

Reactions: epixx
Mini 4 WiFi only (or cell) runs Go 4 just fine. If planning on a Mavic using Fly in the future, you will need the mini 5, a bit more powerful.
Thank you Capt KO,
Would the mini 4 WiFi "only" version (without access to WiFi ) receive signals from satellites while outdoors?

What you heard is not correct.
The DJI app runs just as well on either operating system.
It doesn't run well on underpowered tablets with either operating system.
The NVIDIA Shield was good flying tablet in it's day.
But that was quite a few years back and modern tablets have more RAM and faster processors.
Give it a go anyway and see how you go.
Thank you will give the Shield a try.

Thank you Starz,
I understand that signing up with a Cellular "Provider" is not necessary but that you need the cellular capability for GPS purposes.
That's not correct (unless you are talking about iPads).
Most Android tablets have GPS (only a couple of odd ones don't).

But do you really need GPS in the tablet anyway?
The drone has it's own GPS receiver and that's what it uses for all flight purposes.

I was given a Phantom 4 (not the Pro version!) as a gift, ( prior owner did not fly it.)
Which tablet should I get? I have an NVIDIA tablet but I heard that people have issues with the DJI app. and Android OS.
TripleTek is my favorite. Runs just about any software for Drones I can think of. Price is a little hefty, but the Version 7 seems to be a good deal these days. I just bought a new 8 Pro and love is for work

I have several drones that use different apps so I use the Tripltek Tablet for that reason and the fact it is the brightest tablet I know of.
I've also gone to the Tripltek for all my flying. I've never had an issue, and the better visibility is very nice.

Reactions: GFields
I keep both an IOS and an Android device in inventory. Currently using a Mini 6 for IOS and like a couple of the others a Tripltek is my pick of the Andoid devices although it is not a cheap option especially here in Australia.

It’s worth noting that Lifthor have just released their “Midguard” tablet which is a clone of the Tripltek Pro 7” at a lower price point and there are a couple of other clones around like the “Bix” which I have been told are all from the same manufacturer (Yanwei ?).

Regards
Ari

One more vote for Tripltek. Rock solid tablet with slot for SIM-card. The bright screen makes it possible to see what I'm doing in the sharpest sunlight.

One more vote for Tripltek. Rock solid tablet with slot for SIM-card. The bright screen makes it possible to see what I'm doing in the sharpest sunlight.
But it is BIG and HEAVY, outbalances the lightweight controller for the Mini2 making it very top heavy! I'll stick with my iPad 4 Mini and iPhone RX thanks.

But it is BIG and HEAVY, outbalances the lightweight controller for the Mini2 making it very top heavy! I'll stick with my iPad 4 Mini and iPhone RX thanks.
Yes, it's big and heavy. I use a neck strap that helps balance it (2 straps were included with the Tripltek). It should be added that I fly in a tropical environment, where overheating and dark screens are big problems. The Tripltek has proven 100% reliable as well as visible under those circumstances.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20