Which ipad mini would you suggest

Reaction score
Hey guys, which ipad mini would you suggest would work the best with p4p, the mini 2 or mini 4? I've been reading up on both and ofcorse the 2 is much more inexpensive and possible won't be upgradable in near future, but the 4 i think will be upgradable much longer. Just tryna make up my mind. Has anyone had experience with both?

The iPad Mini 4 is faster, lighter, brighter, and won't overheat as quickly (if at all) when flying in hot weather. Both will run DJI GO 4 well.

Hey guys, which ipad mini would you suggest would work the best with p4p, the mini 2 or mini 4? I've been reading up on both and ofcorse the 2 is much more inexpensive and possible won't be upgradable in near future, but the 4 i think will be upgradable much longer. Just tryna make up my mind. Has anyone had experience with both?

I just ordered a refurbed ipad mini 4 direct from Apple...something to consider if you want something more advanced while saving some money.

I use a iPad mini2 for a while and just changed out to a mini4. The brightness increase of the mini 4 is substantial. No other diff for me, I don't need gps cellular pad.

The iPad Mini 4 is noticeably brighter indoors if the brightness is manually maxed out. I haven't compared them while outdoors, but I don't think the extra brightness is going to matter too much. It's nearly impossible to see any tablet outdoors when the sun is beating directly down on it.

Overall, I'm happy with my iPad Mini 4 cellular. I purchased it just for my Phantom 4 and future drones. The problem I have found is it overheats in hot weather, especially when the brightness is turned up. It has performed great this winter, but winter doesn't last for years like it does in Game of Thrones. I'm sure it will be malfunctioning again later this year when it gets back into the high 90's.

Overall, I'm happy with my iPad Mini 4 cellular. I purchased it just for my Phantom 4 and future drones. The problem I have found is it overheats in hot weather, especially when the brightness is turned up. It has performed great this winter, but winter doesn't last for years like it does in Game of Thrones. I'm sure it will be malfunctioning again later this year when it gets back into the high 90's.
Does this happen when using a hood?

Well i just went with the iPad Mini 2 just because i could I add it on my cellular plan. Now I can finally set my Phantom 4 Pro up hopefully I've had it about a week now just looking at it LOL thanks for all of you guys help

Well i just went with the iPad Mini 2 just because i could I add it on my cellular plan. Now I can finally set my Phantom 4 Pro up hopefully I've had it about a week now just looking at it LOL thanks for all of you guys help

Several here have reported that you don't have to set up the cellular plan in order for the GPS to work in the iPad Mini2. The GPS ability and cellular plan ate two separate things not dependent on each other.

Yeah i agree with that and its true but i thought it would just easier with the updates and all...plus i won't have to worry about my phone ringing also they had a special going on at verizon i couldn't pass up....but yeah..your totally correct

iPad mini 4 WiFi only due to the fact that it's portable and works very well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom speaks often about his iOS devices failing him in this video due to the heat. Conditions where I live are very similar so I too have those problems with my device overheating.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT