Which Controller?

Reaction score
Hi all,
Subsequent to losing my drone (Phantom 4 Pro Plus), I've made the decision to purchase another (Phantom 4 Pro). That said, I will have in my procession two (2) Phantom 4 Pro Controllers. One Controller is a GL300E (Plus) and the other, the "standard" Pro Controller. I will be selling one or the other and need help deciding which Controller to use going forward. I understand that the standard controller works well with the Samsung Galaxy? I do have an IPad, would the IPad fit?

So, Pro Plus Controller or "Standard" Pro Controller.. What do you all think, which is "better"?

Thanks.

Regards

If you are only running the DJI Go4 app then either is fine. If you want other apps running then perhaps the P4P controller with 3rd party device is a better option for you. I use an Apple device myself so can only comment about them. The iPad will work but make sure its a recent one. Older iPads don't have the juice (I learned from experience). There are threads on this forum about Samsung devices (and others) so you might do a search. Good luck.

If you are flying with the Go 4 app, keep the + controller. The brightness will help you see the screen, even under direct sunlight. If you wish to use 3rd party apps. You can use up to a 9.7" iPad. Anything bigger needs an adapter. Also keep in mind, that iDevices go around the 450 nits, so they will not be as bright as the Crystal Sky monitor in the + controller.

I have found that I need both at different times.You’re lucky enough to have the opportunity so I would keep them both for least a while to make sure you were kept the right one. I think you’ll end up keeping both.

The 300E with screen is so convenient for flying the entire P4 V1 line. And it’s bright. I like a standard RC for visual photography and to share the screen with another who might be controlling the camera. If you don’t need a pro model you can get a less expensive P4 to play with using your 300E. Have fun don’t know how you lost the first one but best of luck this time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94