Which case you are using with FPV monitor bracket on the RC

Reaction score
As the title says.
I have those carbon fiber brackets on my RC to hold the monitor.
Looking at the cases which are frequently posted, non of them would fit the bracket.
I'm wondering what you guys are using or do you take off the bracket every time you're going to store the RC in the case?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Re: Which case you are using with FPV monitor bracket on the

Buster2 said:
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-VpWLQOJbenk/Uvh2lrtpQpI/AAAAAAAABAc/NxZVbs6JKIU/w646-h865-no/image.jpg

Where did you got that holder...looks very good.

I got it at Got Heli RC. It's simple and it was cheap.

I have my monitor mounted on my transmitter, having carbon near the aerial is not very good, this was found out by the heli and plank flyer's, the carbon is not very good at letting out the full range of the signal, I am not clued up on this but at flying site's lad's that had carbon shell's some time's had range trouble and put the sat receiver on the outside of body. The part's that you need can be purchased on E-bay, you will need the neck strap extension and monitor mount plus a small washer to put between mount screw and the base of monitor, I used a rubber washer like a tap washer. One place to get the part's is Infinity Hobbies. Not knowing what part of the world you are in I can not say what model shop's to use.

I just got my Skyzone goggles.... very sweet! Now I have two independent receivers to use for FPV! And the Skyzone goggles have a camera switch so you dont have to remove them to see in front of you.
image.jpg

Miniflexalex said:
As the title says.
Looking at the cases which are frequently posted, non of them would fit the bracket.
I'm wondering what you guys are using or do you take off the bracket every time you're going to store the RC in the case?

I have the Tradecraft case and it fits the carbon fiber monitor mount perfectly.

Buster2 said:

Thanks, it looks like a very good alternative to the carbon fibre holder.

Buster2 said:

Thanks, it looks like a very good alternative to the carbon fibre mount.

chopperflyer said:
I have my monitor mounted on my transmitter, having carbon near the aerial is not very good, this was found out by the heli and plank flyer's, the carbon is not very good at letting out the full range of the signal, I am not clued up on this but at flying site's lad's that had carbon shell's some time's had range trouble and put the sat receiver on the outside of body. The part's that you need can be purchased on E-bay, you will need the neck strap extension and monitor mount plus a small washer to put between mount screw and the base of monitor, I used a rubber washer like a tap washer. One place to get the part's is Infinity Hobbies. Not knowing what part of the world you are in I can not say what model shop's to use.

Thanks for the info.
I didn't hear before that the carbon fibre has an negative effect on the signals.
I think I'm just gonna order one of the mounts as shown in the post above, it looks much neater and it may reduces possible blockage of the signals.
I'm currently living in Mexico, so I have to buy all my stuff from the US, Mexican prices for those toys are just incredibly high.

Buster2 said:
I just got my Skyzone goggles.... very sweet! Now I have two independent receivers to use for FPV! And the Skyzone goggles have a camera switch so you dont have to remove them to see in front of you.
image.jpg

Cool setup you have there.

lgeist said:
Miniflexalex said:
As the title says.

I have the Tradecraft case and it fits the carbon fiber monitor mount perfectly.

Did you buy the vision case or the p2 & gimbal case?
It looks like that the mounts would fit in the vision case but where to store the monitor?
In the p2 &gimbal case is a nice spot for the monitor but no space for the mount....
Well, I'm gonna pull the trigger on the nifty mount as shown above, that should fit in pretty much any case.

Thanks Miniflex, I modeled it after DSLR Pro's configuration. I did a lot of research (days infact) to reach a conclusion about what to buy. I think the clincher was DSLR Pros never returned my email and I was able to put it together myself (thanks to the great video by HDI Guy)! I'm still learning the whole setup and I must say, I'm extremely excited about the video I'm going to be able to get.

It's funny how much this technology is booming! I dialed in the goggles and wow are they cool!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart