Which brand TV is best for Watching P3P 4K Videos ? Need help from my Friends..??

Who Like Samsung ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've got a Samsung as well, and a $8 Transcend USB3 reader that plugs directly into the TV. Works like a champ.

Reactions: OTTONTCA
I have LG OLED, it's great.

Haha we started talking about TVs.

Any TV that can display 4K should be good enough. You should see how you view your videos on it, streaming, HDMI port or USB port. For USB , check the formats it supports. Also check the resolution for 4K that's supported on your TV.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Don't bother with the super budget brands like Seiki. My brother bought one last year before he passed away and I now have it. It has low build quality and fails to connect to the internet, the apps don't load and the sound goes up and down on it's own. The picture is not bad but the other things make it a do not buy in my book.

VIZIO makes good lower prices TV's and Samsung is always at the top of the list.

I must put another + in the box for Samsung! I have the new style 4k UHD TV and coupled with a nice USB drive it plays my P3P footage excellently. I also have a Galaxy S7 too so I can 'smart view' my phone screen to the TV in a simple tap!

Reactions: OTTONTCA and t2adze
I really like the Panasonic 4K's. Good image quality and upscaling, also runs FireFox OS which is nice.

Last edited:
Now I know how to market my TVs here :)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I have been glancing current TV gear to replace our 28" Sony tube TV.

I just want a dumb 4K display but it seems I have to get some soon-to-be-obsolete "smart" features bundled.

OK ... after some research LG's "smart" webOS seems to be the least worst of current "smart" TVs.

So my current bullet point list is:

55”
DVB-T2-tuner
4K-resolution 3840x2160 (UHD)
OLED or FALD
HDMI 2.0a
HDCP 2.2
web OS "smart" TV
HEVC and VP9-codecs
HDR Super with Dolby Vision
120-(240)Hz
Ethernet
Wi-Fi
Decent built-in speakers
USB recording
Timeshift

I was in Best Buy the other day looking at various 65-inch 4K models and the floor rep said a Samsung curved panel for $2500 is the one he would recommend --- mainly because he says Samsung will ship you an new display chip for free every time there is an update. It sounds kinda weird to me, since most modern HDTV's will have periodic firmware updates that you download from the mfg. website, but this kid told me Samsung actually ships you an external box with the upgraded chip inside. Bizarre but compelling. I forgot to write down the model # to do more research on it, but it sounds like a nice way to keep your TV updated for the next 10 years with the "latest and greatest" display chip. The picture quality did look quite good.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic