Which 2.4ghz birdside antenna with itelite?

Reaction score
I'm not too good with the whole polarization, directions and so on regarding antennas, but after installing the itelite antenna I quickly found out that I need to do something with the phantom's highly directional antenna patches to maintain fpv and telemetry + logs when I'm far away.

I've seen the fatshark rubber duckies been mentioned before, but I've also read too many testimonials of them being almost useless. What other choices are there out there matching the itelite's polarization?
The clover leaf antennas seem to be more efficient but circular polarization won't play well with the itelite if I understand correctly?

So calling out for the antenna experts in here for some lessons and product recommendations.
SMA or RP-SMA doesn't matter.

I saw that and I've tried myself in other threads and even through pm to no avail, and as this seems to be on several people's mind I thought it deserved it's own topic in the spotlight.

Reactions: dirkclod
Glad ya started it !!! I have tried the Fat Sharks like in the picture in the other thread but they just don't seem right . Only having 1 antenna in the FC200 being the RPG covers the other I can't hit 3000' and I really don't understand just what works well with these other than the stock ones or sticking the DJI panels on the outside of bird that I saw and not gonna do that .
Maybe a antenna expert can help us out :)

Last edited:
Glad ya started it !!! I have tried the Fat Sharks like in the picture in the other thread but they just don't seem right . Only having 1 antenna in the FC200 being the RPG covers the other I can't hit 3000' and I really don't understand just what works well with these other than the stock ones or sticking the DJI panels on the outside of bird that I saw and not gonna do that .
Maybe a antenna expert can help us out :)
Have a at look

http://horizonfpvantennas.mybigcommerce.com/

This site may have all your answers, Will (the owner) has had 40 years experience in RF and was bouncing signals off the moon before most of us had a hole in our b*ms !!
He even shows you what setups are available on Youtube, and more importantly ,shows you how to do it.
He does all the kits for TX or RX ends, and, if you are not able to do it yourself, he will (at a cost) do it for you.
I would personally would go for a Sku planar on the 2.4 ghz (2 of them mounted to the leg diagonally) and clover leaf on the 5.8ghz (x 2) on the other legs (turned to 45 degrees from the leg).
He ships all over the world.
Let him guide you , he is the God of Antennas, next to IBCrazy of course !!

Anyway, why mod the UAV ,the Itelite Panel has a range in excess of 7,000 ft !!!

Last edited:
Have a at look

This site may have all your answers, Will (the owner) has had 40 years experience in RF and was bouncing signals off the moon before most of us had a hole in our b*ms !!
He even shows you what setups are available on Youtube, and more importantly ,shows you how to do it.
He does all the kits for TX or RX ends, and, if you are not able to do it yourself, he will (at a cost) do it for you.
I would personally would go for a Sku planar on the 2.4 ghz (2 of them mounted to the leg diagonally) and clover leaf on the 5.8ghz (x 2) on the other legs (turned to 45 degrees from the leg).

Anyway, why mod the UAV ,the Itelite Panel has a range in excess of 7,000 ft !!!
Maybe your's but not mine ! Thanks for the link :) Have been messing with all the other's and not my first time modding but just not with this type antenna . Have seen where they been getting those distance's with this thing but have got to figure out just which way to go with the bird side ones . Will read !! DBS told me the clover leaf's no good with this :confused:
I just took off my FPVLR stage 3,s and like this one better as far as less clutter on my TX and will get it worked out !!

Maybe your's but not mine ! Thanks for the link :) Have been messing with all the other's and not my first time modding but just not with this type antenna . Have seen where they been getting those distance's with this thing but have got to figure out just which way to go with the bird side ones . Will read !! DBS told me the clover leaf's no good with this :confused:
I just took off my FPVLR stage 3,s and like this one better as far as less clutter on my TX and will get it worked out !!

I'm sure ya seen the $10 bird antenna mod DBS posted bro... Any thoughts on that?

I'm sure ya seen the $10 bird antenna mod DBS posted bro... Any thoughts on that?
The one with the panels stuck to the back of the bird ?

The one with the panels stuck to the back of the bird ?

yep
panel_zpsmlkeogo8.jpg

Reactions: mad in nc
o_O WTH ?
I saw where he had the green panels on the outside of his + but me don't want that .
What is that ?

you are right. 1" panels moved from internal to external ... BTW - that is a pic of my ice maker left overs after it went into melt down last weekend.....

you are right. 1" panels moved from internal to external ... BTW - that is a pic of my ice maker left overs after it went into melt down last weekend.....
Ya gonna need a big class for that bro :eek:
His set up did good like that but I want it a little more cosmetic looking . The FPVLR's worked great and looked good but just fragile if ya know what I'm saying .

Ya gonna need a big class for that bro :eek:
His set up did good like that but I want it a little more cosmetic looking . The FPVLR's worked great and looked good but just fragile if ya know what I'm saying .

i thought the same - maybe plastic dip them?

Sure ya could but just not what I'm after . Really not sure what I am after bro :confused:
Thought I had it whipped with the Fat Sharks but must just not have something in sync .

This is what I'm talking about Mad . Don't really know about the 5.8's as I would lose FPV at less than 3000' with the 2.4's .
I tried moving them all kind of ways .
ant swiveled.JPG

well, I look forward to the sync and stopping the snow.... to your point - that looks cleaner than a PCB hanging in the breeze and its all about distance. I personally look forward for you to succeed!

Snow be gone when I replace the camera and really don't want as much distance as I had but would like more than me getting right now. And will !!
I hope ;)

I'm not too good with the whole polarization, directions and so on regarding antennas, but after installing the itelite antenna I quickly found out that I need to do something with the phantom's highly directional antenna patches to maintain fpv and telemetry + logs when I'm far away.

I've seen the fatshark rubber duckies been mentioned before, but I've also read too many testimonials of them being almost useless. What other choices are there out there matching the itelite's polarization?
The clover leaf antennas seem to be more efficient but circular polarization won't play well with the itelite if I understand correctly?

So calling out for the antenna experts in here for some lessons and product recommendations.
SMA or RP-SMA doesn't matter.
Didn't mean to hijack your tread Andy it just kindy went that way :oops:

Have a at look

He was the first one I asked, still waiting for a reply though..
Yeah, while it might be a good solution for range, it's still the same highly directional patch that won't work that well in my case. They are still miles better than the fatshark dipole antennas though.
Didn't mean to hijack your tread Andy it just kindy went that way :oops:
I expected no less when I saw who replied to the thread :p
I don't mind at all, we're all looking for answers here and the more attention this thread gets the higher the chances are for us to find an answer.
Might as well go off topic though since this seems to be the world's best kept secret, the holy grail of rc..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.