Where to find antenna wire on gimble..

Reaction score
In a recent crash which broke my vibration absorbing board, I also pulled the black 2.4ghz antenna wire from its connector. I attempted to reattach it but get spotty to no signal from it. Found out its not just a wire, but a shielded coax cable. So, it needs replacing as well. I can find "part3" quite easily but most of the sites I've looked at say it is for the adv/pro model. None have said specifically that it is for the standard. So, will those for sale for $20 work or can someone provide a link to what I need? I'm referring to the two separate cables from the ribbon cable. One white one black.

Sent from my SM-N920T using PhantomPilots mobile app

Phantom 3 Part 97 2.4G Antenna(Standard)

When you reattach them, make sure they "snap" in to their respective connectors or you will get a bad signal or no signal at all. They also have to be perfectly straight when you snap them in or you wont get the snap.I usually run the wires through the channel on the gimbal board case, and then try to snap the connectors in with my index finger nail. Ive tried tweezers and forceps, but the old forefinger nail works the best. Try to screw in the coax covers (2 screws each) before you reattach the gimbal.

Last edited:
Only getting telemetry when the video connects, which is only when I have the controller very close to the drone. Pretty sure it's just the ripped out black antenna wire from the gimble.

Sent from my SM-N920T using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31