Where on God's Green Earth can a person find a P4P Gimbal YR ESC Board?

Reaction score
Ok, I crashed my drone, or should just I say, it fell out of the sky for some unknown reason. At this point, it doesn't matter to me, let's just say the battery fell out. The drone was 145 feet off ground then became the victim of gravity over an asphalted area, smashing everything, legs, gimbal, camera, etc.. Cried like a baby while walking away with the wreckage in hand, while knowing what was in store for me. I'm one of those guys that fixes everything BUT broken pc boards, sorry, my eyes aren't that great. I know these parts are proprietary to DJI or should I say the folks that supply DJI the parts but if one digs hard enough, one will usually find things, specially these days!

I have managed to completely rebuild everything on the drone from replacing the legs, flight control and all the hardware for the gimbal, including the motors and camera case. What a mess of crap but it all works! Everything EXCEPT, the gimbal yaw/roll ESC board has taken a dump. The camera doesn't know which way to go as it is powered up. It looks left, it looks right, it shakes like a new born crack baby. Solution, replace the board.

Now I have patiently looked for days for a gimbal YR ESC board for a Phantom 4 Pro, NOT a Phantom 4 but a Phantom 4 Pro. Nothing can be found, only a fleeting image on a couple of Youtube videos of guys changing their gimbal/camera ribbon out. Is there anyone out there that can give me a rudder for directing me where to go for finding this creature? I can't even locate a single picture of one!!! Is it made of human kryptonite or something? Please help. It's the only thing I need to make this bird complete. All is well with everything else!

Attachments

• IMG_2806.jpg
    IMG_2806.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 521
Ok, I crashed my drone, or should just I say, it fell out of the sky for some unknown reason. At this point, it doesn't matter to me, let's just say the battery fell out. The drone was 145 feet off ground then became the victim of gravity over an asphalted area, smashing everything, legs, gimbal, camera, etc.. Cried like a baby while walking away with the wreckage in hand, while knowing what was in store for me. I'm one of those guys that fixes everything BUT broken pc boards, sorry, my eyes aren't that great. I know these parts are proprietary to DJI or should I say the folks that supply DJI the parts but if one digs hard enough, one will usually find things, specially these days!

I have managed to completely rebuild everything on the drone from replacing the legs, flight control and all the hardware for the gimbal, including the motors and camera case. What a mess of crap but it all works! Everything EXCEPT, the gimbal yaw/roll ESC board has taken a dump. The camera doesn't know which way to go as it is powered up. It looks left, it looks right, it shakes like a new born crack baby. Solution, replace the board.

Now I have patiently looked for days for a gimbal YR ESC board for a Phantom 4 Pro, NOT a Phantom 4 but a Phantom 4 Pro. Nothing can be found, only a fleeting image on a couple of Youtube videos of guys changing their gimbal/camera ribbon out. Is there anyone out there that can give me a rudder for directing me where to go for finding this creature? I can't even locate a single picture of one!!! Is it made of human kryptonite or something? Please help. It's the only thing I need to make this bird complete. All is well with everything else!
This what looking for,,,ebay
20180714_151022.jpg

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Look very carefully at this board, notice mostly the screw hole foot print compared to all they show online which are only the P4 NOT the P4P. This will probably be the only picture of one on the net!

Actually, I did already order one of the ones they claim are for it a few days ago. Haven't gotten it in yet but as you can see, they just don't appear to match up correctly, unless the bottom of the new board is shorter which will leave a slight amount of space in the bottom. Guess I should just wait and see what's in store for me. I hope all can see my dilemma here...sigh.

Attachments

• IMG_0006.jpg
    IMG_0006.jpg
    801.2 KB · Views: 461
Last edited:
Hi, did you ever get sorted? I have the same issue I think. I repaired the gimbal but it must be the ESC that's damaged. When I turn it on the gimbal moves up and then down then nothing. I was considering sending it in to DJI for repair or a similar shop but it will probably take ages and cost alot more than I think it should if it's only the ESC.

No my friend. I'm still looking for the board. I find it almost mystical that there are no pictures or even any reference to this particular board.

Did you replace the yaw motor?
That could be an issue, according to this guy:

Go to 4:15 into the video and see what he says about "matching" the yaw motor housing to the existing electronics.

Hi guys.

Any luck with repairing your drones?

I’ve got an issue where the camera goes up and then stays down on startup.

Doesnt move after that. Will replacing the ESC board fix this issue?

Thanks

Do you still need this board? I have one from a P4P I'll sell to you. I don't check the forum too much so PM me

I have a new P4P Y/R ESC board to sell that I guarantee is the correct part. The bottom of the board has the number P02205 stamped on it...
Let me know...

Attachments

• P4P-Back.jpg
    P4P-Back.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 239
  • P4P-Front.jpg
    P4P-Front.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 235

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics