Where is CIji?

cIJI, I never understood where you are hiding the lightbridge antennas, shouldn't they stay vertical down? Or is this mod just for the p3 standard over wifi!

Sent from my LGLS992 using PhantomPilots mobile app

cIJI, I love your product. Are you going to make one for the phantom 4? cIJI please!
If you've looked at the guts of both craft, P4 would be a much more complex effort with little to gain from a performance point of view. Although P4 will do 40mph+ and has collision avoidance I rarely use either capability. In sport mode the props often ruin a shot unexpectedly, and OA is too slow at 17mph. And, the camera performance is near identical between P3P and P4. P3 is plenty capable, and inexpensive, especially if bought used.

In this new design I'm curious about the position of the camera in relation to the props to mitigate props from getting in the view.

Love this foldable idea. Since my P3P hardly gets flown anymore this may allow me to put it to good use. I look forward to seeing it released.

What's interesting is this concept appears to be about the size of a Karma when flying.

I just checked that AliExpress link. Will they be shipping us the parts and we need to make those modifications with the components in the original drone???

can i be the voice of reason here and just ask "why?" i mean your taking a device that was purpose built to be one form, and completely changing the characteristics of that device so much that no one here really can illustrate how it will fly. your going to spend 100+ to buy this kit, figure at least another couple hundred of parts you MIGHT break, all the time to do this, and you end up with a crap shoot of a device on how well it will work. If you want a Mavic, just buy a Mavic, the device that was purpose built for its shape. Its like buying a Pontiac Fiero and saying, but i want a Ferrari...and for any car nuts out there who knows where im going with that reference, you see how well that ended up....

can i be the voice of reason here and just ask "why?" i mean your taking a device that was purpose built to be one form, and completely changing the characteristics of that device so much that no one here really can illustrate how it will fly. your going to spend 100+ to buy this kit, figure at least another couple hundred of parts you MIGHT break, all the time to do this, and you end up with a crap shoot of a device on how well it will work. If you want a Mavic, just buy a Mavic, the device that was purpose built for its shape. Its like buying a Pontiac Fiero and saying, but i want a Ferrari...and for any car nuts out there who knows where im going with that reference, you see how well that ended up....

it flies fine.. and why not its cheap over a complete P3 shell if you want something different... maybe it not for everyone but its a great option to bring back the old broken P3.

it flies fine.. and why not its cheap over a complete P3 shell if you want something different... maybe it not for everyone but its a great option to bring back the old broken P3.

well if the youtube video in chinese says so...lol,

but you do bring up a point, if you had an old crashed P3 that you had to replace the case on, ok, maybe it would be worth it, but i dont see the point in taking a perfectly good P3 and modifying it like that, you might as well just get a mavic and get all the extra stuff the mavic has. i guess ill reserve judgement on how well it flies when / if people actually start getting these.

Drone is no complicated easy to bulid toy. Only important to have a great flying time is total weight and center of gravity. Four engines, 4 controlers, main board, battery and thats all.

... i dont see the point in taking a perfectly good P3 and modifying it like that, you might as well just get a mavic and get all the extra stuff the mavic has.
The point(s):

To save space.

To not have to lug a big suitcase everywhere. If one could get their P3 kit down to a smaller backpack size they would be more likely to carry it around, this could equal more flying, more chances to "get THE shot". I'm only lugging out the P3 when I'm planning to take shots, It's no Inspire but it's not super portable either.

As you likely know, in photography the best camera is the one that's with you.​

To save money.

Not everyone has the spare $ to just go out and buy a new $1000+ drone. Would I love to have a Mavic? Yes of course, I'd also love to have a P4 Pro and an Inspire 2 Premium combo. But here in the real world that's not happening for many of us. The only reason that I'm a phantom owner is due to the fact I got lucky and caught a sale on an official refurb P3 Pro.

Plus many people are deeply invested in the P3, with multiple batteries, HD output etc.

To get your cake and eat it too. ;-)

i guess ill reserve judgement on how well it flies when / if people actually start getting these.
Yes that is the $1M question, how will it fly?

Will changing the geometry change the rock-solid stability of the P3 flight controller?

In this new design I'm curious about the position of the camera in relation to the props to mitigate props from getting in the view.
Here's the other big question, will this geometry change affect the filming angle significantly?

If it reaches it's potential this could be awesome, really awesome. Get everything one already has in their P3 yet the portability of a Mavic.

I for one am very excited, I'll probably wait to hear back on how well these actually work.

Also I want to be sure I'm buying from ciJi to support his efforts.

Last edited:
Can't wait to get my hands on this mod!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am still alive:laughing:
:laughing::laughing::laughing:
·····Just hardworking ~~~~~~~~~hahaha

0dee37a0e4f4bc00.jpg

f20a8f5c551747d9.jpg

d26a7feafd6d181f.jpg
Hey man good work!!! When will the mod kit become available? I heard it was $40 usd. Is there a website I can go to for regular updates? The main reason I want this kit is for the portability and lowering wind resistance. Do you have a YouTube channel? Thanks keep rocking it brother!

Me too...I am very excited to get this kit. It will revive my P3 and make me want to use it more on a regular basis

I fly for wedding videos. The props almost always get in the shot. This kit takes care of that issue. Also it's foldable so it's much more portable. Just my reasons.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20