Where can I fly?

Reaction score
Does anyone here know of an app where you can locate all the airports within 5 miles to fly safely. I am in Florida and cannot get more than 5 miles away from any airport or restricted flying zone! Help please! I want to fly! I have the FAA B4UFly app but it doesn’t show airports or restrictions until I arrive at a location.

There’s an app called Hover. I’m pretty sure it shows airports, no fly zones, etc

Go to skyvector.com. Locate yourself on the sectional chart and you can easily see where nearby airports are. If you earn your Remote Pilot Certificate you won't have to worry about the 5-mile rule. That only applies to recreational flights.

Just because there is an airport (especially if it is a Class G airport), just give them a call and tell them what you would like to do (where, how high, how long, etc.) and you will get very few 'objections' to your flight. In the case of Class G airports, many times you just get an answering machine and they are easy to talk to.

Does anyone here know of an app where you can locate all the airports within 5 miles to fly safely. I am in Florida and cannot get more than 5 miles away from any airport or restricted flying zone! Help please! I want to fly! I have the FAA B4UFly app but it doesn’t show airports or restrictions until I arrive at a location.
I have airmap and B4UFly. Both remind me I'm on the outskirts of a major airport!

Hover app worked great! Gave me a small window of space FAA app said I could not use.

Attachments

• 2921D1FA-4767-4E29-9AC7-E9A35BC45C6E.jpeg
    2921D1FA-4767-4E29-9AC7-E9A35BC45C6E.jpeg
    5.4 MB · Views: 394

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT