Where can I find OEM DJI Phantom 3 (Series) composite propellers? Do I need different propellers because I have KDE motors.

Reaction score
Hi. I am looking for some OEM propellers, preferably composite. I also have KDE motors installed on my P3P. Do I need different props since I have stronger motors? All help will be appreciated. Thanks.

OEM props are available from Amazon. I use props from masterairscrew.com myself, but I'll warn you that a lot of folks feel OEM is the ONLY choice. I'd avoid carbon fiber, from some of the horror stories I've been told, but the MAS screws seem to work just fine on both my P3S birds. As to the motor issue, I have no knowledge in that area. Mine are stock. If your motors have the same threads as stock, there shouldn't be an issue. Just make sure they're snugged up before take off.
Choices are many. Use your own judgement.

Brad

Awesome. I ordered some OEM props from Amazon. I’ll check out the website you provided as well. Thank you.

Reactions: Shoot4fun
Hi. I am looking for some OEM propellers, preferably composite. I also have KDE motors installed on my P3P. Do I need different props since I have stronger motors? All help will be appreciated. Thanks.
Just curious, are these original motors or have you done an "upgrade"? If so, what are you hoping to achieve by this upgrade. You say these motors are "stronger"? How are they stronger, faster speed? If so you need to be a little bit careful what props you put on them. DJI designed their props for their motors and more powerful motors could take them outside their design specs, they could disintegrate.

That is true cheddarman as DJI 'tunes' their propulsion systems (ESC f/w, motors, props) for optimization.

Additionally, the FC controls all the flight/performance envelope characteristics ('fly-by-wire').

Unlike many other types of r/c vehicles where bolt-on 'hop-up' parts can improve performance, the Phantoms don't benefit and one may actually detune the system.

I was just concerned that itecnology would go out, get new props and they couldn't handle the extra power from his "stronger" motors.
I fly a P3A and it does what I want as original.

I bought a used Phantom 3 Pro that came with KDE motors that were installed by an RC hobby shop. The original owner completed several upgrades. I am simply restating what the seller told me. He said that they are stronger and that speed/responsiveness were increased. Are you all recommending that I switch them back?

What I am saying is that the DJI propellers were designed for the original DJI motors and ESC's. I is a balanced system calculated for the designed performance of the drone. If you change out the motors for more powerful ones then the ESC's might be overloaded and the original propellers might not be able to handle the additional torque.
How much "stronger" are your upgraded motors? Did the previous owner also change out the ESC's?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic