Where am I going wrong?

Kevm
When you say screen shots, you mean captured on your computer by hitting screen shot? Also, you are not gonna get the full resolution from a one frame capture in video mode. Plus you will have some rolling shutter issue by doing that too. Your only getting maybe 10-11 megapixel capture from a photo captured from a video clip! Is that what you are doing? Because that's what these look like to me. They look overly sharpened and not enough resolution to me. And, then you are stitching together several of these it's only gonna get worse from there if you are starting with a bad image to start with.

in my post #19, it's screen shot.

Unedited screenshots.

On a iMac 5K, a screenshot is in PNG, and weight between 20 et 25 mo.

In the post #19, i just show you the difference of blur between a video in 4K between Phantom 4 and Phantom 4 Pro. The second should be sharpen, with a better resolution… and it's not.

It seems to be worse both in resolution and in sharpness

When you say screen shots, you mean captured on your computer by hitting screen shot? Also, you are not gonna get the full resolution from a one frame capture in video mode. Plus you will have some rolling shutter issue by doing that too. Your only getting maybe 10-11 megapixel capture from a photo captured from a video clip! Is that what you are doing? Because that's what these look like to me. They look overly sharpened and not enough resolution to me. And, then you are stitching together several of these it's only gonna get worse from there if you are starting with a bad image to start with. None of the pics you have posted here look like they are from an original Raw or Original J-peg in my opinion. One or two look like they are in focus but look way over rezzed or garbly and oversharpened.

in my post #18, it is not screen shots.

That's pictures taken by Autopilot, from autoflight logic, in a function of spherical panorama (panosphère).

Unedited pictures, but shot in JPEG.

In this case, this is
• one of the 26 shots,
• taken in AEB (automatic exposure bracketing with 3 exposures)…

that means, there was 26 shots * 3 exposures = 78 pictures taken in 3 minutes, with 2 seconds maxi between each orientation shot.

But here, there is not stitching, not HDR, just 3 expositions of the same spot orientation, taken automatically in a procedure of panorama, on a 26 pictures suite, orientated differently, horizontally, then verticaly.

Do you see what i mean ?

Your never gonna get a good quality image from a screen shot man! Just saying. But the blur is prob from wind and the rolling shutter on that particular frame that you pulled from your video clip. Is your video sharp? Why don't you send or post the full resolution original J-pegs so we can see those?

That's pictures taken by Autopilot, from autoflight logic, in a function of spherical panorama (panosphère).

In this case, this is
• one of the 26 shots,

that means, there was 26 shots * 3 exposures = 78 pictures taken in 3 minutes, with 2 seconds maxi between each orientation shot.

But here, there is not stitching, not HDR, just 3 expositions of the same spot orientation, taken automatically in a procedure of panorama, on a 26 pictures suite, orientated differently, horizontally, then verticaly.

Do you see what i mean ?
OK, then something must be set wrong in AutoPilot then! Try just taking pics in DJI's app and show us those.

In this case, this is
• one of the 26 shots,

Do you see what i mean ?
Because even in your Post# 18 it looks like a small file has been overcooked and sized up causing it to look garbly and oversharpened.

Because even in your Post# 18 it looks like a small file has been overcooked and sized up causing it to look garbly and oversharpened.

From the autopilot panorama I send my full original jpeg ;-).

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2016-12-31 à 19.30.43.png
    Capture d’écran 2016-12-31 à 19.30.43.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 272
From the autopilot panorama I send my full original jpeg ;-).
I'm at a loss here Iker! I have no idea what this chart or list really means. Full resolution Raw files from the P4P are 35megabytes in size. Have no idea what you are trying to do in the AutoPilot App but it looks like it's not working. This list you sent me is from your P4 looks like btw. It was back in Sep it says. Wish I could help you here but I'm not sure what's going on here.

Full resolution Raw files from the P4P are 35megabytes in size.

As i explain to you before, when i used in september my Phantom 4 with AutoPilot, for a panosphere, i couldn't use raw format.

I just used JPEG (it takes 26 jpeg in 3 exposures, 78 pictures, in 3 minutes)

And the JPEG i published here were in full resolution.

My SD card i used in that moment couldn't accept to take 23 JPEG + 23 RAW in 3 exposures each = (23 x 3 JPEG) + (23 x 3 RAW) = 156 images in low and high resolution, in less that 5 minutes.

So at that moment, i was limited to JPEG…

If i wanted to take JPEG + RAW, the process was stopped at the 9th pictures… and he didn't proceed the 14 missing

Reactions: KevMo Photog
As i explain to you before, when i used in september my Phantom 4 with AutoPilot, for a panosphere, i couldn't use raw format.

I just used JPEG (it takes 26 jpeg in 3 exposures, 78 pictures, in 3 minutes)

My SD card i used in that moment couldn't accept to take 23 JPEG + 23 RAW in 3 exposures each = (23 x 3 JPEG) + (23 x 3 RAW) = 156 images in low and high resolution, in less that 5 minutes.

So at that moment, i was limited to JPEG
Ok, I just think it is something in the size of a file that you are being given in AutoPilot then. How do your files look if you just shoot 1 image with DJI Go App?

So at that moment, i was limited to JPEG…
If i wanted to take JPEG + RAW, the process was stopped at the 9th pictures… and he didn't proceed the 14 missing
Your attempt to shoot a big panorama in raw failed because of the time it takes to write that many big raw files was longer than the app was programmed for.
If you want to shoot big panos with the app it looks like you'll have to use jpg only but that shouldn't matter for such a large image anyway.
Or if you really want to use raw, shoot the pano manually.

Looking at the 3 shots in post #18, they are all distant scenes like the OP used.
I'd suggest shooting something much closer to see if there's a problem with the camera or not.

Your attempt to shoot a big panorama in raw failed because of the time it takes to write that many big raw files was longer than the app was programmed for.
If you want to shoot big panos with the app it looks like you'll have to use jpg only but that shouldn't matter for such a large image anyway.
Or if you really want to use raw, shoot the pano manually.

Looking at the 3 shots in post #18, they are all distant scenes like the OP used.
I'd suggest shooting something much closer to see if there's a problem with the camera or not.

I agree Meta4 with all what you say.

For panorama i have renounced, for now, to use raw, when shot with Autopilot. I only shot in jpeg.

And when i'll need to shot in raw, i'll do it manually.

But my problem is not that one.

My problem is the same that the one of Pilot SS

I have two Phantom

One Phantom 4 (for 5 months) and one Phantom 4 pro (for 16 days)

I've bough't the Phantom 4 Pro because his best sensor, in first. But also because i've a problem of horizontality with my Phantom 4 (very annoying for panosphère, movies, especially with latéral travelling or flights). And in third reason, obstacle avoidance.

And with the new P4P i flight six times, at sea level. In mountain. At low altitude, At high altitude.

I made one dozen of video, and a very few still pictures. But all is blur, terribly blur.

I was not completely satisfied of the Phantom 4 and his sensor.

On ground, i use generally Sony A7 RII, one of the best sensor of the market for one year. I can see when a sensor is excellent.

With Phantom 4, my first picture were quite good, not very good but quite good.

With Phantom 4 pro, i was waiting for very good pictures. And they are among the worst i've seen for a long time.

I saw some very impressive footage with Phantom 4 pro. And more impressive panosphère, with a great level of sharpness.

And when i did my first fly, with phantom 4 pro, i found that all the backstage was blurred. I was waiting for a better quality and it was very very bad.

That doesn't means that all Phantoms 4 pro are bads.

But that means that control of quality let some bad sensors on a few Phantom 4 pro. And the final client should not be the testers of the fabrication line.

It seems that Pilot SS and I, have bought in two countries on two continents a Phantom 4 pro with a bad sensor.

Next year for you, and today for me, ;-) i'll try to fly with AutoPilot and to do exactly in the same place

- the same pictures
- the same panorama,
- the same vidéo footage,

And we could compare the results.

For now, i wish you an happy New year.

Last edited:
Not sure what you have done in editing on these two imgages. But they look way oversharpened in Photoshop to me. Did you stitch several photos together to come up with this? Both these images look terrible from an editing standpoint to be honest. Need to see your Raw file from these? These images are not blurry. They look in focus but looks like you sharpened them so much it's all just a garbled up photo now.
I thought you were being a little harsh untill I looked at the images, something definitely not right. They look dreadful and would not produce a usable print at any size.

I thought you were being a little harsh untill I looked at the images, something definitely not right. They look dreadful and would not produce a usable print at any size.
Thx With The Birds. Didn't mean to be harsh if you know what I mean. LOL. But these are not right at all. Looks like bad resolution and J-peg compression in these tbo. But it's hard to know for sure. Lot's of variables can be happening.

I made one dozen of video, and a very few still pictures. But all is blur, terribly blur.
You might have a problem with your camera .. or maybe not.
The examples you showed aren't ideal to see where the problem lies.
If you want to see how good/bad the camera is shoot something large, 40-50 feet away and well lit and see what that looks like.
Shoot something like this with lots of detail but up close rather than all in the distance.
i-KPMH69J-XL.jpg

A

Reactions: iker
You might have a problem with your camera .. or maybe not.
The examples you showed aren't ideal to see where the problem lies.
If you want to see how good/bad the camera is shoot something large, 40-50 feet away and well lit and see what that looks like.
Shoot something like this with lots of detail but up close rather than all in the distance.
A

I'll do that ;-)

Can't help for the OOF thing as I don't have a P4P.
But apart from this focus problem, you have all the tools you need in Lightroom to "tune" your Phantom pictures (tilted horizon, gradient masks for the sky and the ground, haze correction, vibrancy, ...)
DJI_0190.jpg

Reactions: iker

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers