When to replace props?

Reaction score
I us my P3A weekly and sometimes daily. I try to keep the blades on when I can, but when traveling I have to remove the blades. Kinda like replacing tires on a car. Since blades are fairly cheap, I feel I should replace them before a striped or worn inside thread of prop is noticed.

My question is when is a good time or rule of thumb on replacing the blades?

Is there a life on props?

Just trying to be proactive instead of reactive.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I replace mine if they are visibly nicked, deformed, or damaged, or if there's a noticeable problem with them (drone wobble or jello in the video). I do clean them regularly with soap and water due to bugs.

I don't remove them frequently but the ones on my P2 have been in use since June '14.
They typically don't wear out but can be damaged from trauma. If you don't see any problems then they probably aren't any.

Life of the props is very long. I have not replaced any time so far.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: theTastyCat
Props themselves are a solid part. Unlike tires which contact a hard surface with a lot of friction, the props only contact air. The props are significantly 'harder' than air, and therefore do not wear much if at all. Perhaps with age the plastic will become brittle, but unless you have an incident that damages a prop, I would say no need to replace them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers