Props Removed in House When Configuring

Reaction score
I know it's safe practice to remove props when the drone is powered up in the house while configuring. But are there any known cases where there were malfunctions causing one to start engines on its own and try to fly?

I dont think so but would not suprise me.....yes good practice to remove props inside,,,when I was a very green rookie and used litchi app for first time setting up in kitchen I pressed auto take off,,,wwhhoooo ,dont do that lol,,I had to hold it down while trying to shut it off,,for this reason removing props seems good idea,,I learnt something that day ha ha ,,must learn what buttons do what before pressing them :eek:

I never had ianzone problem. I run my P4 with the props on to test vibrations on each motor. Even with the props balanced, it still makes a difference. If there is too much vibration, I change the props till I get the minimum vibration. It really works. I download a free vibration app. I touch the corner of my phone to the same spot on the end of the drones arm below the motor. I have fun messing around with it. Don't touch the automatic take off. Lol.

Yes do tell, sounds pretty interesting.

I entered vibration into the playstore search and all I came up with are apps that turn the phone into a massager or vibrator "especially for women". Not exactly what I was looking for!
Any suggestions?

I entered vibration into the playstore search and all I came up with are apps that turn the phone into a massager or vibrator "especially for women". Not exactly what I was looking for!
Any suggestions?
Try “vibration analysis” in the search!

I know it's safe practice to remove props when the drone is powered up in the house while configuring. But are there any known cases where there were malfunctions causing one to start engines on its own and try to fly?
For all the building, customizing and configuring I've done on both software and hardware levels across a myriad of drones in various states of assembly, I have never once had the motors just start up randomly. That said, I still remove the props if I think that there's even a remote chance that they will spin up.

D

Reactions: snowghost
Should there be a mention of heat build up when motors are spun with props OFF? Seems I recall reading, that too much of that will heat the propulsion motors excessively, and the gimbal motor as well.

Just curious if I have that right.

Should there be a mention of heat build up when motors are spun with props OFF?
Eventually, sure. If you run the motors long and hard enough. But remember, there's no load on them. Plus I assume you wouldn't be running them full bore until the battery runs out. Even then, I would simply use a laser temp gun to take readings in the unlikely event you had to run the motors for more than a few seconds.

Seems I recall reading, that too much of that will heat the propulsion motors excessively, and the gimbal motor as well.

Just curious if I have that right.
Seems possible, but I'd say highly unlikely. I'd be more worried about flying on a hot day, which is a double indemnity in that you not only have higher temperatures driving up motor temps, but you have less lift, thus making the motors work harder.

D

Reactions: Phantom Pirate
Eventually, sure. If you run the motors long and hard enough. But remember, there's no load on them. Plus I assume you wouldn't be running them full bore until the battery runs out. Even then, I would simply use a laser temp gun to take readings in the unlikely event you had to run the motors for more than a few seconds.

Seems possible, but I'd say highly unlikely. I'd be more worried about flying on a hot day, which is a double indemnity in that you not only have higher temperatures driving up motor temps, but you have less lift, thus making the motors work harder.

D
Good points! Thanks, Harley!

Reactions: Harleydude
I'm sure there are. But even if not, why take the chance of being the first?

Last edited:
Reactions: snowghost

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic