WHEN DOES THE PHANTOM3 BATTERY EXPLODE ??

NO
Putting Lithium batteries in checked luggage is a BIG no no.
Understand the rules before you fly and it will be a lot easier for you at the airport..
https://www.faa.gov/about/initiatives/hazmat_safety/more_info/?hazmat=7

LithiumBattery_PassengerFlyer.jpg

Wow. Someone who actually does their own homework instead of asking the Internet to do it for them.

OP, at high risk of sounding like an *******, I'll say this.

CALL THE CARRIER YOU'RE FLYING ON!!!!!!

They will tell you EXACTLY what is required to fly with these types of batteries! Take some initiative!

*sigh*

have you ever been stopped at airport security with the battery ??
Lancelot .. I gave you the FAA guidelines and IATA rules.
It's all in there.
People fly with LiPo batteries every day. You won't be the first one they've encountered.
Follow the rules and you'll be fine.

Check your airline's website if you want extra confirmation.
They all have a section on traveling with batteries.
And you can print out the rules if you like to show the airport people.
But they won't even blink .. because they see these every day.

Wow. Someone who actually does their own homework instead of asking the Internet to do it for them.

OP, at high risk of sounding like an *******, I'll say this.

CALL THE CARRIER YOU'RE FLYING ON!!!!!!

They will tell you EXACTLY what is required to fly with these types of batteries! Take some initiative!

*sigh*

BlackHawk...unfortunately, that definitely does not always work...please trust me...don't ask me how I know...just trust me....Even if you have the names of everyone you spoke with.....times....etc.
It's just the world we live in. BTDT

The battery in the Phantom is the same one in an iPad or iPhone. If the TSA was going to freak out at every battery brought on board then we would live in a much different world wrt technology. Just follow the guidelines Meta4 attached and you will have no issues whether you check in or carry on your Phantom. I think you will find it is much easier to bring on board your drone than food and drink for your small children <sigh>

BlackHawk...unfortunately, that definitely does not always work...please trust me...don't ask me how I know...just trust me....Even if you have the names of everyone you spoke with.....times....etc.
It's just the world we live in. BTDT

I've done a heck of a lot of international flying. Most of the time, having the spoken requirements prior to showing up for check in has cleared me. And anyone who says something like, "Trust me, don't ask me how I know, but I KNOW" is the first person I disregard.

However, if you still have worries, an earlier check in along with the printed requirements from the Airlines website will do the rest, as mentioned by Meta4.

It really isn't that difficult. Also, having a good attitude instead of a confrontational one will do a traveler a world of good.

If all else fails, have a backup plan. Renting a long term locker is one. Having a family member or friend is another. If someone refuses your checked baggage due to batteries, having a person ready and willing to standby and receive refused baggage is a priority.

Travel smart. Always have a plan in case things go sideways. I would much rather leave my investment in a locker or, with a family member/friend than take the risk, However, if you come with information at the ready and a good attitude, IOW, DON'T be confrontational and instead, be overly respectful, you'll have an experience that succeeds the norm.

I have traveled to Countries whose "security" personnel are only looking for a $20 placed in the right spot to allow you on the plane with the baggage. NOT here in the States, but throughout Central and South America, this is key. Also, many of the lesser Countries in South Africa. Knowing when and where to do so is just as critical as knowing which Countries you can expect to travel with such things. If there is ANY doubt, DO NOT attempt to place such a payment as if your attitude has pissed someone off, you're just as likely to be arrested for trying as for anything else.

In my extensive experience, the individuals attitude plays the largest part in these things. Especially in Hispanic Countries where respect is SO important. Piss off a Cab driver and watch your *** be handed to you by a security agent two weeks later when you attempt to leave the country you've visited.

This isn't rocket science. Yet it can be difficult when people are belligerent in their nature. Personally, in all of my travels, I've never had an issue that simple respect didn't solve.

I've done a heck of a lot of international flying. Most of the time, having the spoken requirements prior to showing up for check in has cleared me. And anyone who says something like, "Trust me, don't ask me how I know, but I KNOW" is the first person I disregard.

However, if you still have worries, an earlier check in along with the printed requirements from the Airlines website will do the rest, as mentioned by Meta4.

It really isn't that difficult. Also, having a good attitude instead of a confrontational one will do a traveler a world of good.

If all else fails, have a backup plan. Renting a long term locker is one. Having a family member or friend is another. If someone refuses your checked baggage due to batteries, having a person ready and willing to standby and receive refused baggage is a priority.

Travel smart. Always have a plan in case things go sideways. I would much rather leave my investment in a locker or, with a family member/friend than take the risk, However, if you come with information at the ready and a good attitude, IOW, DON'T be confrontational and instead, be overly respectful, you'll have an experience that succeeds the norm.

I have traveled to Countries whose "security" personnel are only looking for a $20 placed in the right spot to allow you on the plane with the baggage. NOT here in the States, but throughout Central and South America, this is key. Also, many of the lesser Countries in South Africa. Knowing when and where to do so is just as critical as knowing which Countries you can expect to travel with such things. If there is ANY doubt, DO NOT attempt to place such a payment as if your attitude has pissed someone off, you're just as likely to be arrested for trying as for anything else.

In my extensive experience, the individuals attitude plays the largest part in these things. Especially in Hispanic Countries where respect is SO important. Piss off a Cab driver and watch your *** be handed to you by a security agent two weeks later when you attempt to leave the country you've visited.

This isn't rocket science. Yet it can be difficult when people are belligerent in their nature. Personally, in all of my travels, I've never had an issue that simple respect didn't solve.

Umm...it's the Internet.....I didn't actually expect you or anyone else to really trust me because I said too lmao

hy·per·bo·le
hīˈpərbəlē/
noun

OP, at high risk of sounding like an *******,....

Last edited:
Best thing to do is take a balloon, wrap the battery in the balloon. Buy some astro glide. Go to nearest bathroom before check in. Put astro glide on said balloon. shove up bunghole. No issues mate!

Best thing to do is take a balloon, wrap the battery in the balloon. Buy some astro glide. Go to nearest bathroom before check in. Put astro glide on said balloon. shove up bunghole. No issues mate!

:)
WHEW !!
Thank God someone brought some humor back to this bloviated thread

Reactions: SouthernPhantom
All lipo's MUST be carry on! This includes sticking one the *** of your P3. You can't place one of your lipo's in your P3 and check it in!

The point is that if the thing catches fire in the hold (whether in your P3 or otherwise) - there'll be no-one there to notice, and the cargo fire extinguishers may not be able to put the fire out by the time the smoke is detected and the pilots fire the bottles. It's for this reason that most airlines refuse to accept lipo's in the hold at all, even when shipped as dangerous goods. Several aircraft have crashed - killing those onboard - as a result of badly shipped lipos.

The theory is that when you carry them yourself in the cabin - someone will notice if it catches fire and the crew will have the opportunity to deal with it before it gets out of hand. Some airlines are now carrying lipo bags and other devices for containing lipo fires in the cabin. These are basically unproven in this capacity and the airlines that have them figure it's better than doing nothing (which is the attack my airline is taking currently)

Again - don't check any lipo's in, embedded in a P3, inside a lipo bag, or any other way.

Ken

Ken

est thing to do is take a balloon, wrap the battery in the balloon. Buy some astro glide. Go to nearest bathroom before check in. Put astro glide on said balloon. shove up bunghole. No issues mate!
lol lol Just what ever you do dont swallow the battery Because it says not to in the paper work that comes with the battery's. Tho it dont say any thing about **** insertion. So it must be ok.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj