WHEN DOES THE PHANTOM3 BATTERY EXPLODE ??

Reaction score
what is the temperature that would cause the P3s battery to explode or leak acid . ??

Above 71 °C. (160 °F) It's written on the battery itself. They say it is the max temperature you can tolerate, above that you should quickly shut everything off before it's too late.

what about in - temperatures ??
If I remember well it is -10° C (15 ° F)

For charging, they say you shouldn't charge it below 0 °C

i would not be using it, but what would happen if it had a -40 temperature environment

i would not be using it, but what would happen if it had a -40 temperature environment

It wouldn't even power on. battery cells would be so **** cold :(

its because i would be putting in a plane, so i just want to make sure nothing would happen to it if i did, ??

its because i would be putting in a plane, so i just want to make sure nothing would happen to it if i did, ??

Don't worry, there are actual people in planes, so temperature is set accordingly. Your batteries will never have to face such low/high temperatures in a plane :)

but how can i take it on the plane, won't they stop me?? also don't i need a fire proof bag?

I'm putting the battery in the hold.
I was expecting this question :)

Temp in a plane is 20-22 °C.
The hold is also pressurized, with an average temp of 17-19 °C :)

but how can i take it on the plane, won't they stop me?? also don't i need a fire proof bag?
so the hold would be a ok idea???
NO
Putting Lithium batteries in checked luggage is a BIG no no.
Understand the rules before you fly and it will be a lot easier for you at the airport..
https://www.faa.gov/about/initiatives/hazmat_safety/more_info/?hazmat=7

LithiumBattery_PassengerFlyer.jpg

Reactions: BlackHawk388
If your case is to large to carry on you could check it with one battery installed in the P3 but any spares must be carry on. As I would never transport the P3 with the battery installed just carry on all batteries charged to no more than 20% (at least that is where mine were and TSA had no issue with it)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4