when do you replace props

Reaction score
how long should i fly props on my p4p. shot this image the other evening for a client.
3dba530e3a8111aeaa892224b7c582ba.jpg

how long should i fly props on my p4p. shot this image the other evening for a client.
3dba530e3a8111aeaa892224b7c582ba.jpg
When I flew my P2V seems prop replacement was a regular thing. Of course I was learning and had a flew "incidents" that required it.

Now, owning a P4 since January this year, I'm still running the original set.

It's recommended to inspect your props for damage to the leading edge and for any cracks etc. As long as they are clean and free of any damage, you should be good.

Geo

They can last years if you don't hit anything. On earlier Phantoms hub wear from frequent on-off cycles could also limit their life.

I fly a p4 and have over 250 flights, 44 hours, and over 311 miles on the same set of props
I started flying with on 5/18/17.
I have never crashed and I clean the bird
And props after every flight.
I feel like with the dji props I can go at least that much more, ( barring a broken prop of course)!

Yup. My P2 has same props since mid-2014.

I check mine regularly and check the balance but have not found any that needed replacing. I mark each set with a red dot to keep track of them just in case I remove them in the presence of others and also clean the bug remains and grime with 409 cleaner. So far, no problems with them. I did order two sets of carbon fiber props but half were out of balance so back to the original ones.
Jim
WA5TEF

I had a P4 hub and prop wear out after about 15 mos. / 36 flying hours. The hub was worn and started slipping in the prop when you started the motors. Sounded like a large zip-tie tightening. Glad it didn't happen in flight. I changed the bad hub and all the props at that point.

I had a P4 hub and prop wear out after about 15 mos. / 36 flying hours. The hub was worn and started slipping in the prop when you started the motors. Sounded like a large zip-tie tightening. Glad it didn't happen in flight. I changed the bad hub and all the props at that point.
The P4 hub has the 3 flat springs that with use will lose pushing on the hub force and have to be gently pulled up to their original height to be effective. If your springs don't push the prop hub on the clip premature wear will occur as the prop will wobble and make a not so good sound, you may think a bearing is going. I do mine about every 5 flights, now that being said I just received today my new springs, P4P type with the coil springs and will install them tomorrow. I am Canadian and live in Northern Ontario, I ordered the clips directly from dji on monday night and I received them today, friday at noon, These came from California Fedex all the way up here, nice work DJI, they came in as fast as if I would have ordered them from Toronto.

Yip i can say i have to rebend my 3 prongs often ,lot of flights though,must be time for some new ones to before it starts breaking tabs on prop lock,,,and still on original props

Reactions: JohnnyD913
The P4 hub has the 3 flat springs that with use will lose pushing on the hub force and have to be gently pulled up to their original height to be effective. If your springs don't push the prop hub on the clip premature wear will occur as the prop will wobble and make a not so good sound, you may think a bearing is going. I do mine about every 5 flights, now that being said I just received today my new springs, P4P type with the coil springs and will install them tomorrow. I am Canadian and live in Northern Ontario, I ordered the clips directly from dji on monday night and I received them today, friday at noon, These came from California Fedex all the way up here, nice work DJI, they came in as fast as if I would have ordered them from Toronto.

Erised I looked in the dji store and see only the plastic pieces.
Do u have a link to where I can buy the kit that would include the metal tabs, plastic pieces, screws and whatever else needed to replace

Reactions: Ghost2508
@JohnnyD913, it would be better to upgrade to the prop kit used by the P4A/P4P since it does not use those metal tabs. You can purchase that kit here on Amazon or here from DJI. You'll need to buy two kits to replace the kit on all four motors.

I check mine regularly and check the balance but have not found any that needed replacing. I mark each set with a red dot to keep track of them just in case I remove them in the presence of others and also clean the bug remains and grime with 409 cleaner. So far, no problems with them. I did order two sets of carbon fiber props but half were out of balance so back to the original ones.
Jim
WA5TEF

Hello wa5tef. I am waiting for a set of carbon-fiber props and noted your comment about some being out of balance. How do you test for that ?

Thanks!

Erised I looked in the dji store and see only the plastic pieces.
Do u have a link to where I can buy the kit that would include the metal tabs, plastic pieces, screws and whatever else needed to replace
When you look at the picture of the P4P(upgrade type) the springs and screws are very very hard to see in the images because there is very little contrast, if you click on the small images below you will see them. Here is the link Buy Phantom 4 Series Propeller Mounting Plate

When you look at the picture of the P4P(upgrade type) the springs and screws are very very hard to see in the images because there is very little contrast, if you click on the small images below you will see them. Here is the link Buy Phantom 4 Series Propeller Mounting Plate

Erised, thanks. I've been wondering where the metal
Clips where at on replacements but now I understand. The p4 props will fit the p4p hubs then
Right?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik