When Connecion Breaks / settings - iPhone App

Reaction score
So weather is ugly here in in New England and I will not be flying anytime soon :( - So I am still learning / reading and trying to make sure I have everything straight for my second flight.

Of course reading forums gets you scared with the fly aways. So I was looking at the iPhone app as I wanted to see the Find my Phantom section.

While in settings I also noticed a few other features. One that interested me was the "when connection Breaks" section.

Just curious what others have this set to.

There is Stop Recording - Stop recording or not when the connection is broken while the camera is in the recording state - Assume set to NOT do this as default. sliding the slider I assume means it will STOP recording

below that is Start Recording - Start Continuous Capture - Stay Idle (mine is checked for that)
Which state the camera will enter when the connection is broken while the camera is in the idle state.

What are your set at ? should I adjust mine? Seeing fly-aways and someone usually asks "did you record it" - some say no - would one of the settings automatically start recording once out of range? I know if you don't get the unit back it means nothing but interested.

I've got mine set to follow this logic on control signal loss: If I'm already recording, keep doing it. If I'm not recording, start doing it! Sometimes I briefly lose connection if I'm at the edge of range, and if I'm filming something I don't want it to stop (especially if it's at a high altitude and I'm trying to get some nice panoramic video from up there. If I'm not recording and it drops out briefly, well a small video file of nothing much is no great shakes - but if it starts heading off to China at speed and I eventually recover it, well the footage might prove to be useful!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20