What's happening with YouTube? Channel update.

Reaction score
So there's a ton of stuff happening with YouTube, and coppa, and the Federal trade commission, and it is becoming a huge mess of chaos. I really like YouTube, but I decided to take a break, and wait out this storm. this video is for anyone who is interested, or anybody who is a fan of my channel, here is an update for you.

I hate the new YT setup ... I keep resetting back to old Studio - but it keeps putting me back on restart to Studio Beta and now its near impossible to get out of.

I used to be able to click on a video and it would go to it straight ... now it goes through a stupid data screen where a small version of it is in the right side ... so you have to click again to get what you want to see.

Couple of days ago ... I received an email advising that a video I uploaded years ago ... yes years ago is now blocked for copyright !! The video in fact is a clipped version of the Russian Mig 15 video ... which is hosted on YT, Vimeo and various sites with exactly same Russian music !!

I've tried other sites but I object to the pricing they have and they also have strange CR rules ...

Worlds going crazy ......... they'll be Copyright blocking us farting soon !!

Reactions: Weston Ney
I hate the new YT setup ... I keep resetting back to old Studio - but it keeps putting me back on restart to Studio Beta and now its near impossible to get out of.

I used to be able to click on a video and it would go to it straight ... now it goes through a stupid data screen where a small version of it is in the right side ... so you have to click again to get what you want to see.

Couple of days ago ... I received an email advising that a video I uploaded years ago ... yes years ago is now blocked for copyright !! The video in fact is a clipped version of the Russian Mig 15 video ... which is hosted on YT, Vimeo and various sites with exactly same Russian music !!

I've tried other sites but I object to the pricing they have and they also have strange CR rules ...

Worlds going crazy ......... they'll be Copyright blocking us farting soon !!
I just uploaded my first video with the new setup , took me two tries , used the old system but had use the new system to set guidelines and finish uploading , not as easy as the old system .

Must confess it works fine for me. I had edited a multicam concert video I shot and instead of driving a 50 mile round trip with a proof copy for the client on Blu-Ray - I uploaded it to my YT channel in my Unlisted category so that the client could check it out for content etc via the link. The file was 14.1Gb and uploaded in 3 hours - although as usual Youtube's compression always spoils 1080p....

Funny, I actually prefer the new YouTube studio to the old one for ease-of-use in a lot of ways. But I always upload my videos in 4k at a extremely high bitrate, and that seems to fix the YouTube compression issue. I render and upload in 4k even if the entire video was shot in 1080p.
Must confess it works fine for me. I had edited a multicam concert video I shot and instead of driving a 50 mile round trip with a proof copy for the client on Blu-Ray - I uploaded it to my YT channel in my Unlisted category so that the client could check it out for content etc via the link. The file was 14.1Gb and uploaded in 3 hours - although as usual Youtube's compression always spoils 1080p....

Funny, I actually prefer the new YouTube studio to the old one for ease-of-use in a lot of ways. But I always upload my videos in 4k at a extremely high bitrate, and that seems to fix the YouTube compression issue. I render and upload in 4k even if the entire video was shot in 1080p.
Aha ! Nice one ! I never thought of that but it makes great sense to me.... Am in the middle of another concert edit... Will most certainly take your advice !
Best Wishes and Thank You Kindly !

Awesome glad to help! I'm not an expert in some of the ways that the other people on this forum are, but I love helping people with my expertise.

[emoji16][emoji106]
Aha ! Nice one ! I never thought of that but it makes great sense to me.... Am in the middle of another concert edit... Will most certainly take your advice !
Best Wishes and Thank You Kindly !

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav