What's an acceptable price for an Inspire 1 in 2020?

Reaction score
Hey all!

Considering what quality cameras are currently available now with newer drones like a MA2 what is an acceptable price for an Inspire 1 in 2020? Please correct me if im wrong but it seems the only advantage to an Inspire would be the interchangeable cameras and a little better resistance to higher winds. Of course there's the wow factor when showing up to a job and pulling out such a nice bird.

I ask this because I do see them used online anywhere from $700 to $1200. The $700ish price point would really be the only price I'd consider but im wondering if im way off. Perhaps im better off with a MA2? Thoughts?

Thanks!

I asked a similar question a while back on MavicPilots, consensus in general is that it's a fairly outdated bird at this point. The most common camera is the X3, and it was equated to that of an old Phantom 3. Short flight time and difficulty in finding reasonably priced batteries add to 'cons' column. You can check my query (and responses) here:

I do see them used online anywhere from $700 to $1200
That's been the going price for recent sales on eBay. Whether you pay closer to $700 or $1,200 will likely be determined by the included accessories.

Hey all!

Considering what quality cameras are currently available now with newer drones like a MA2 what is an acceptable price for an Inspire 1 in 2020? Please correct me if im wrong but it seems the only advantage to an Inspire would be the interchangeable cameras and a little better resistance to higher winds. Of course there's the wow factor when showing up to a job and pulling out such a nice bird.

I ask this because I do see them used online anywhere from $700 to $1200. The $700ish price point would really be the only price I'd consider but im wondering if im way off. Perhaps im better off with a MA2? Thoughts?

Thanks!
I bought mine for 3300.00 in 2016 with 6 batteries and a few more extras. Now, you can't get batteries from the manufacturer. I don't know if any other critical parts have fallen out of reach.
The wind resistance is a myth. They are as susceptible as a Phantom to winds. The specs are the same. A Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 has a better camera. The main difference between the Phantom and the Inspire is the camera/payload can be swapped out on the Inspire AND, more importantly, the Inspire camera is mounted on a gimbal that can pan left or right in addition to up or down.
That aside, you are better off with a Phantom or MA2. If you can't buy reliable parts (not off EBay or Craigs List which are of questionable quality) then the airframe is pretty much worthless. If you find a package deal with maintenance records on the airframe and batteries, then that is a different matter if the price is right.
Just my two cents...

Reactions: Thanohano44
I have an Inspire 1, v2. And I'm always considering selling it. But honestly, I couldn't get much out of it.

Mine has less than 100 flights on it (probably closer to 50), 8 batteries, both T47 and T48 (all in excellent condition. Two controllers (one set up for Crystal Sky), a GPC landing case, and extra GPC battery case, and X3, an X5 with the 15MM lens, and a ton of spare props and parts. And I have the quad charger for it, along with 5 single batter chargers.

I'd be lucky to get $1500-$1750 for it.

That's why I keep it. I've used the X5 with one of my longer Olympus lenses on a shoot this year. That's the only reason I still have it.

I have my Inspire 1 on Craigslist right now for $1200 with both the X3 and X5, a couple of lenses, filters, case and charger. Not a single bite. I'm thinking of throwing it on Ebay next to see what I can get.

I have an Inspire 1, v2. And I'm always considering selling it. But honestly, I couldn't get much out of it.

Mine has less than 100 flights on it (probably closer to 50), 8 batteries, both T47 and T48 (all in excellent condition. Two controllers (one set up for Crystal Sky), a GPC landing case, and extra GPC battery case, and X3, an X5 with the 15MM lens, and a ton of spare props and parts. And I have the quad charger for it, along with 5 single batter chargers.

That's why I keep it. I've used the X5 with one of my longer Olympus lenses on a shoot this year. That's the only reason I still have it.

Your spent all that money to fly it 50ish times?
It was a replacement. The one it replaced was flown 100's of time. I just needed it for some projects I was working on. All I replaced was the drone itself for $1500.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic