What's a good age to start flying a DJI phantom?

Any idiot can fly a quad. That's why they were invented. For the dumb thumbs who can't fly helis. Go buy a Trex 450 and get back to us.

As for age ?

I'd say 50 + (that's about the age that we finally grow a brain, gain some life experience & enough common sense to make it all happen).

We are mostly retired by then, and have way more money & time to devote to playing with our toys. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Kirby Johnson
Teach your wife how to fly as soon as you find out she is pregnant, some knowledge may get passed on. Teach them well and teach them young and it may pee you off to find out they became better pilots then you, and thats the whole point, to make them better than us.

I know that drones are marketed towards adults but what if there was a high schooler that bought a drone and took the test and we're making money? Could a mature extremely well informed about rules and regulations thirteen year old buy a drone with their own money? What are your thoughts?
I am 13 and have a Phantom3 with 2 cheep p1s on the way for friends to fly. I started when I saved enough to buy a syma thats when the addiction took me...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockymountaincaptures