What would you keep?

Reaction score
I purchased a brand new Phantom 4 for $566 and a brand new Phantom 4 Advanced for $921, both prices are after sales tax. I am trying to decide if the Phantom 4 Advanced is worth the $355 difference for the camera. The only other thing I would be giving up would be the smaller capacity battery which does not concern me. I usually shoot video at 3840x2160 (4K) 30fps. For images I use the AEB setting the most. Sometimes I have a hard time telling the difference in quality unless I zoom in on the image. Keep the Phantom 4 regular to hold me over until the Phantom 5 comes out? Thoughts? Thanks!

If you are in the drone world, you should not worry for few hundreds here and there, go for what gets you more fun. You would be spending lot on batteries and upgrades to new versions. Keep one pocket sized drone and one latest pro, that would get you maximum fun.

I am trying to decide if the Phantom 4 Advanced is worth the $355 difference for the camera....Sometimes I have a hard time telling the difference in quality unless I zoom in on the image.
The Advanced has a sensor that is four times bigger, as well as a diaphragm aperture, mechanical shutter and greater dynamic range.
For a serious photographer, that's a huge step beyond the camera on the P4.
If those don't mean much to you and you can't tell the difference, maybe it doesn't matter for you.

Reactions: BucksDrones

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michello