What would you do in this situation?

Hooper,
I think you need to be at least 75 feet AGL and preferably transitting, not hovering. Anything less is likely to create issues and mostly frowned upon.

The most I would say in this situation is, "ma'am, I am a commercially licensed pilot doing a job for a paying customer, I have no desire to invade your space or disturb you any more than is absolutely necessary. I assure you, I will leave just as soon as I have completed the job, and I apologize for any inconvenience to you.

And you ARE a commercially licensed pilot I hope.

I hear about people complaining about noise, etc. What's the difference between a pilot spending 30 minutes getting pics of some property with a drone that makes a bit of noise versus a lawncare company that shows up at 7:30 in the morning and runs a mower, and a line trimmer and leaf blower for an hour?

So that's my take on it. I'm new to drones, but have 35 years in customer service and sales. For what that's worth to you.

We ALL, as the front line of integration between the public and this incredible new technology, have a responsibility to represent ourselves and the industry in a positive manner. Please keep this in mind when faced with a challenging situation.

Good luck out there.
Well said......from a Certified Remote Pilot in Leesburg, Florida with a **** Hurricane bearing down......

Personally I would land the craft and pack it up. Then I would ask the lady if this was her house. Then with chalk, white or yellow spray paint and mark the perceived property limits on the road in front to her house.
Then about the middle between the start and the finish I would draw a big arrow pointing to her house. scribble somthing on a clipboard, smile and leave.

Reactions: Neon Euc
Personally I would land the craft and pack it up. Then I would ask the lady if this was her house. Then with chalk, white or yellow spray paint and mark the perceived property limits on the road in front to her house.
Then about the middle between the start and the finish I would draw a big arrow pointing to her house. scribble somthing on a clipboard, smile and leave.
Looks like you want to get some vacation in jail when she call the police. [emoji1]

Hooper,
I think you need to be at least 75 feet AGL and preferably transitting, not hovering. Anything less is likely to create issues and mostly frowned upon.

The most I would say in this situation is, "ma'am, I am a commercially licensed pilot doing a job for a paying customer, I have no desire to invade your space or disturb you any more than is absolutely necessary. I assure you, I will leave just as soon as I have completed the job, and I apologize for any inconvenience to you.

I hear about people complaining about noise, etc. What's the difference between a pilot spending 30 minutes getting pics of some property with a drone that makes a bit of noise versus a lawncare company that shows up at 7:30 in the morning and runs a mower, and a line trimmer and leaf blower for an hour?

So that's my take on it. I'm new to drones, but have 35 years in customer service and sales. For what that's worth to you.

We ALL, as the front line of integration between the public and this incredible new technology, have a responsibility to represent ourselves and the industry in a positive manner. Please keep this in mind when faced with a challenging situation.

Good luck out there.
You forgot the main point. "Madam, in addition to all of the above, I assure you I have absolutely no desire to spy on you, sunbathing in a bikini, in your yard." (This, of course, is an assumption, because the mental picture I got while reading the original description was not of, shall we say, anyone I'd WANT to see in a bikini...) Somehow, in my imagination, it's not gorgeous young women coming out and ragging about your drone... :)

I've had my drone 4 days. I live out in the country. I've already had a neighbor about a 3/4 of a mile away call me and ask if I had a drone. They weren't angry just very curious. I live at the end of a dead end road.

I got a hoodie saying drone pilot on it... Seems to attract more trouble... Maybe it's the whole "hoodie" thing lol

I was flying my P4P on a mission for Dronebase taking pics of a home for sale. A lady was in her yard across the street and 2 houses down. Her exact words were "if that thing falls in my yard, I am not giving it back, go fly somewhere else, it is very annoying. I indicated it would only take a few minutes to finish my job and she repeated her first comment. I quickly finished my mission and got out of there. Is there something I could of said or done differently?

you could have just said " if a real air craft falls in your yard will you keep it also " LOL . but the best thing you could do is smile and kill them with kindness . as we go through life there is that one person or persons that just have to say " you can't do that " just because they are not doing whatever it is and they have no real life to begin with . sorry *** people the world is full with them .
fly safe

Hooper,

Good luck out there.
This is EXACTLY the right response. To me, this is just like a dog that is barking (and biting ) from fear. I think many people are just afraid: of the device, of what it can do, of what it can see, of the possibilities of the technology. Personally, I react in just the same way to snakes: no amount of "he's more afraid of you" talk works; I just want it gone.

Yes I do have the part 107 and that is great advice. I also agree with the snake senario

Thanks

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT