What would you buy for $1000?

Reaction score
Let me start by saying, I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place. This is not necessarily a Phantom Specific question, but I've owned a P3S for some time now, so this is the only "DronePilots" forum I've been on...

So, as I said, I have a P3S which I've probably got right around $1000 invested in total, between extra batteries, multi-Charger, Case, Range Extender, etc. etc. etc.

A buddy of mine has been getting pretty good at flying mine and is ready to take the plunge and buy a DJI drone of his own.

The debate ensued... If he was going to spend the same $1000 today (not including tax or shipping), and not a penny more for the foreseeable future; what should he buy?

Here are some examples, but please don't limit your opinions on only the choices I list here:
1. Buy a Phantom 3 SE, extra batteries and other accessories to total $1000
2. Buy a Spark Fly More Package plus a 3rd battery (since the charger can handle 3) plus the DJI Goggles
3. Buy a Mavic Air Fly More Combo
4. Other, explain
I know the 1st question someone might have is, "What does he plan to do with it?".
Answer: Nothing commerical. Strictly recreational use for weekends, vacations, for pics and videos, etc.

What do you guys (and gals (lol, if there any here) think?

I would have another Mavic .To have for a back up .
Can you be more specific? What exactly would you buy with the $1000. The Mavic Pro (especially the Platinum) doesn't leave much extra money for any extras.

Question, what kind of image quality is your friend looking to get out of the drone's camera? May/may not make a difference at that price point, but thought I'd ask anyway.
Not very picky. Even the worst camera of all the DJI Drones will be plenty good. Not a factor.
So what would be your choice?

Can you be more specific? What exactly would you buy with the $1000. The Mavic Pro (especially the Platinum) doesn't leave much extra money for any extras.
Well batterys are not that high and the little case I use I carry 4 spare ones and don't take up much room . Has all the range I need and not using it to make feature films so thats just what I would get . As far as the MPP I have their props so see no difference than mine .
And hey ya can get for 1000 a lot if you shop around .
Have other Phantoms and the MavicPro is about all I fly now .

Reactions: RunningWithScissors
All this research on what $1000 buys has brought me to the conclusion that it's time for me to graduate to the Mavic Pro myself. I just ordered the Mavic Pro Alpine White bundle and should see it by the end of the week. :)

All this research on what $1000 buys has brought me to the conclusion that it's time for me to graduate to the Mavic Pro myself. I just ordered the Mavic Pro Alpine White bundle and should see it by the end of the week. :)
You have learned well Grasshopper.

Reactions: MTO

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl