What will you be doing with your Mavic?

I'll probably just fly over nudist camps and what not...... hahaha all jokes aside I'm not entirely sure. The skies the limit! Literally [emoji6]

My local nudist beach is directly next to an airport, it's like they had the foresight to know drones won't be able to take off.

Honestly, I'm not sure what I'm going to do with mine - I haven't seen anybody using drones in my city and the new regulations in Canada make all the interesting locations off limit. Likely will use it for small events, vlogging, real estate videos. I'm going to need to pick up a separate audio recording device.

I would love to shoot some local drift and racing events, but the season is basically over by the time I get the drone. Some automotive stuff would be cool though. Also heading to South Korea shortly, so I'll mountain bike up a couple mountains and launch from there. Or, ya know, whatever else.

A nice dinner, a bottle or two of wine, maybe some barry white, and lets just see what happens between mavic and I. But after that maybe some flying.

Reactions: kmaluo
That is so cool. I have a Dromida that has been on the neighbor's roof for a year. I tried to get it with a P4 but the pitch of the roof was scary. Plus I think the propeller is under a roof tile. I was afraid of getting the P4 hung up. $1500 vs $50. Cheers!

Here's a few from me...

Inspecting my Solar Panels, FPV racing type flights, checking out hiking trail accessibility, checking out surf breaks.
I think the best way to judge the 'tap to focus' function would be flying over the women's college dorms in low light conditions? Just sayin.

Everything I've been doing with my Phantoms only the diminutive size will make stealthy deployment much easier than showing up with a backpack or case. I'm envisioning showing up with only the Mavic & my phone, quickly setting up & deploying the bird on an autonomous Litchi mission in under a minute, then waiting patiently while she does her thing, pack up & roll out! :cool:

Last edited:
Everything I've been doing with my Phantoms only the diminutive size will make stealthy deployment much easier than showing up with a backpack or case. I'm envisioning showing up with only the Mavic & my phone, quickly setting up & deploying the bird on an autonomous Litchi mission in under a minute, then waiting patiently while she completes the mission. :cool:

Right on, that's exactly what I think. It's like having a small P3 that's fast and easy and stealth to fly pretty much anytime anywhere. Also with longer flying times and distance it'll be a lot more versatile.

As a long time DJ I remember lugging heavy bags of 12" all over to play. Now, I fancied those times and I love my vinyl collection... but truth is the advent of digital DJing with MP3 allowed me to have all my music in my iPad, now I can play any gig anywhere and that has made up for some really cool impromptu chance parties I'd never be able to reap if I was still using 12"s!

That's to say I can carry the Mavic with me everyday without even feeling it, and if something comes up I can just take off and fly in a matter of seconds.

Reactions: Dirty Bird

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik