What to look and what to ask when buying a use drone

Reaction score
Looking to buy a phantom, did my research and phantom is the way to go as a beginner drone. I have flown toy drones like sima x5,x8 and mini drones and I'm ready for a real one. I want t buy a new p3 standard but I am afraid of spending $500 and crashing a drone one to many times, so what I'm thinking is to buy a used drone for about $300 that I seen on craigslist and other places. So my question is what to ask and what to look for a used drone

IMHO, the risk of buying used is too great unless you can test each and every function of the Phantom before you buy.

First of all if you could meet the buyer, carefully inspect the AC for any damage, any stress cracks, etc. I might even have him fly it for me and go through all the functions. Good luck and welcome to the forum!!

The best way is to see it flying and then check its stability, video and range.

Another perspective - you can a get a refurb P3S with full warranty for $400, then insure it if you're worried about crashes. I personally see very little sense in paying $300 for a used drone with no warranty. The $100 you save today can easily cost you $200 tomorrow.

Also, if you are flying the X5, and X8 well, then you should have no worries about crashes. Your already ahead of the curve as far as knowing how to control a drone. The Phantom is so much easier to fly with the GPS functions, that's it's almost boring at times compared to my X8.

I would say drop the money on a new or refurbished P3S, and at least you'll have a warranty behind it.

Wow I was not expecting all this comments thks guys and your right the best way to go is refurb p3s ones again thanks all of you for your comments and help..[emoji4][emoji4]

I was a total noob and bought a p3p. I've almost hit some trees, didn't have the battery all the way in once (dji go app warned me 15 sec into flight). I've done 30 something flights and can do short flights like I'm scratching my head (no problem). I've pushed all the way out two miles from my house over the desert (I live on a hill over looking town). What I'm saying is don't worry that you'll crash it, don't do anything stupid and take it slow and you'll be fine. I'd buy refurb or new.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4