What to do with pictures and videos?

Reaction score
Hey everyone.
Just bought a phantom 3 Standard and loving it. Love taking photos and videos and editing them to cool music. Only problem is.. what do I do with the final product? Sure I show them to my family and they’re impressed but I also want other people to see my work... what do you guys do with your drone footage?
Thanks so much

Only problem is.. what do I do with the final product?

I would say, that's limited only by your imagination and creativity. As one would expect, there's no shortage of amazing drone videos posted on this site, or on YouTube. Watch some of them to see what was done with the final product. Good luck.

If you're ambitious and want to make some money with your drone like I do, get a part 107 Remote Pilot Certificate. It isn't easy and the test is hard, but if you can do it you can use your drone for part time work to make some extra money! I use mine to do roof inspections and real estate videos. I also enjoy taking breathtaking Photography to enter in local Photography competitions. The judges are always surprised by the drone Photography because it is eye catching and different!

After I complete each job, I put ALL of the pictures, videos, and final production on a single SD Card and label it. Each business gets a card... I keep each of them in a 50 SD Card case. Should I need to either update the listing or business commercial at a later date, I can pull the card if I need additional footage. This way, I do not clutter and slow my computer.. I keep it fast and clean. The 50 SD card cases are only $9.99 on EBay, so buying another case when its full is no problem (almost filled the 1st one).. As far as the original, the business gets the rights to the original to use for advertisement or other uses..

I pretty much just show off my pics and videos to my friends on Instagram and Facebook. That brings up another question though. Does anyone know if there's a way to not have Instagram/Facebook lower the quality of your posts? I could post to Youtube, but I'm connected to most the people I know through those two social media apps. So those are where I want to put them the most. Sorry if this is a dumb question.

I pretty much just show off my pics and videos to my friends on Instagram and Facebook. That brings up another question though. Does anyone know if there's a way to not have Instagram/Facebook lower the quality of your posts? I could post to Youtube, but I'm connected to most the people I know through those two social media apps. So those are where I want to put them the most. Sorry if this is a dumb question.

Post the video to YouTube and then post the link to that video on your social media sites.

Reactions: Wilbur
What to do with your drone footage?

This question sums up what is limited about the normalised "me, first" psychology. Yes, there's "I want more" and countless distractions - but it's still ultimately limiting in terms of self-fulfilment, not to mention self-indulgent.

As an alternative, think "service before self". Find a major problem - and, sadly, there's no shortage of choice - and get involved in working towards a solution. Photography/cinematography is often needed as a tiny part of what's needed. And if not, that's also good as the question will no longer be relevant.

It's 2018 and the technology is amazing. But how the human brain is used has to be seriously questioned.

A very interesting take on the question.

I enjoy aerial photography. It is my hobby. If you live near me I will come photograph/video your house, farm, business or anything else for free. I get a new place to fly and they get the pictures that will be kept by the owners forever.
Also, there is nothing that I need to keep. I have no particular attachment to the project, I give people the best deal ever, and we all can go our individual ways feeling good. There is not enough of that in this world today.

What to do with your drone footage?

This question sums up what is limited about the normalised "me, first" psychology. Yes, there's "I want more" and countless distractions - but it's still ultimately limiting in terms of self-fulfilment, not to mention self-indulgent.

As an alternative, think "service before self". Find a major problem - and, sadly, there's no shortage of choice - and get involved in working towards a solution. Photography/cinematography is often needed as a tiny part of what's needed. And if not, that's also good as the question will no longer be relevant.

It's 2018 and the technology is amazing. But how the human brain is used has to be seriously questioned.
Huh?

Reactions: dirkclod

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl