What To buy?

Reaction score
So my P4P crashed in the Cgesapeake Bay (operater error) the ins. Co. is issuing a check for $1,900. I did not know the Phantoms had been discontinued as told to me by Fl Drone Supply So do I find a good used P4P or go with the Mavic pro which F.D.S. says is little better than the Phantoms.
If I do that i'm starting from scratch and spending the whole check plus a little more were if i find a good used P4P I already have a hard shell case, controller, n.d. filters, extra blades, charger, and (1) battery. Please share your thoughts to help me make my decision.

So my P4P crashed in the Cgesapeake Bay (operater error) the ins. Co. is issuing a check for $1,900. I did not know the Phantoms had been discontinued as told to me by Fl Drone Supply So do I find a good used P4P or go with the Mavic pro which F.D.S. says is little better than the Phantoms.
If I do that i'm starting from scratch and spending the whole check plus a little more were if i find a good used P4P I already have a hard shell case, controller, n.d. filters, extra blades, charger, and (1) battery. Please share your thoughts to help me make my decision.
If it was me - without a doubt I would get a DJI Mavic 2 Pro --

Reactions: dronesky
If you were happy with the P4P, and it served all your needs, why change? It means liquidating all of your other gear and accessories from the P4P. Unless the Mavic does something you want that the P4P could not provide, you don't need it. There are plenty of guys who just gotta have the latest gear with a decent P4P sitting around collecting dust. Take it off their hands!

If you were happy with the P4P, and it served all your needs, why change? It means liquidating all of your other gear and accessories from the P4P. Unless the Mavic does something you want that the P4P could not provide, you don't need it. There are plenty of guys who just gotta have the latest gear with a decent P4P sitting around collecting dust. Take it off their hands!
I get that but how many years use will OP get before All spare batteries, controllers, etc. dry up in a few years will you be happy with it how many of us still have our Phantom's 1,2,3( I have them all full disclosure :) ) for example there are currently no new Phantom's coming out which I'm sure you already knew the Mavics,Inspire,Skydio are what I am looking at now just thinking about next 3-5 years ahead

I reckon since you know the p4p search for a drone only,,they are out there,,might have to do minor work but that's ok if price not exceed some ridiculous cost
The thought scares me cause I fly water all the time and have lost one to land so water might be next lol...anyway I hunted for a while and manage to get p4s with 4 flights on it,,gambled on it and turned out to be new,so the deals are there,,,if got heaps of money just get a new one,,;)
That way you get spares

I have the p4p and while the mavic may be a little better I wouldn't trade it because of how I fly. I often fly from the boat and hand catching is critical for me. I can't imagine trying to hand catch a mavic on a boat bounching in the waves or chop. That may not apply to your needs though.

Reactions: CPO Coastie
You will get a lot of different opinions based on personal needs and wants. While some may disagree, most reviews give the nod to the P4P for both stills and video, (M2P videos require a lot of work in Post) with the M2P coming in close behind. But if portability and the latest tech is important to you, there is really no choice. I would not worry about a few hundred dollars--get what will make you happy and productive.

I have a P4P+ with a second controller (GL300L) with no screen, 4 DJI Smart Batteries, a form fitted Case Club form fitted waterproof case, original equipment charger plus extra rapid charger for 3 batteries and controller and assorted filters and cables extra propellers and the balance of the DJI Cares good until 12/1/2019 Located in Bryn Mawr, PA and funds are USD.$1,700.00. Drone and batteries have under 10 hours flight time. Shipping not included.

I'd go with the Autel Evo and have money left over, or Mavic Pro 2 and probably have to add money by the time it's all said and done. Both good choices, my son has the MP2 and I have the Evo. I don't think the 500 extra cost for the MP2 is comparable to what you get. But that's just me. I am a high value seeker and, for me, dollar for dollar, the Evo wins over the MP2 everytime. Again, in my opinion. My son has mixed feelings on the subject. ;)

Reactions: PhoenixOne
I have a P4 pro still in the box! - bought 2 years ago and never flown because when i bought it the New Zealand agent Ferntech gave me a discount for buying it and a Mavic Pro, the Mavic is just easier for my travels - so if anyone in New Zealand is interested...

I would say sell the remote controller, battery and accessories from your Phantom 4, they are pretty valuable and worth some money, and then put that money together with the insurance money and buy a mavic 2 Pro and some accessories, and you still will probably have money left over. But if you really want to keep your old assessories, and like phantoms, pick up a used Phantom 4 Pro body and camera from eBay.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20