What to buy to use as a screen on my P4P?

Is the usb that comes with the p4p a high speed usb?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Unknown, but these USB 2 cables work with no problems showing in-flight video with no stutter or other problems. The biggest advantage is they are like the baby bear's porridge - just right. Long enough to reach from the port on the back of the controller to a pad without strain, but not so long that it dangles to get caught on something. BTW, my iPad mini 3 is 7.87 inches wide in the holder. The Nvidia pad in post #9 above is 8 inches, so no problem. For a wider pad, you might need to shift it in the holder to one side, but for anything much larger, weight and bulk overcome the advantages of a pad over a phone. The iPad mini 3 is perfect for me and I can read all the text and controls on the screen, which is no small feat for my 76-year-old eyes! *

For younger pilots [almost everyone], an Android phone might be large enough to read, but these cables would work for them as well with a USB mini B port. They work with my Android phone, but the screen is too small to be useful for me. But the phone works with my DJI OSMO.

* Click on my avatar. That's from a scuba trip to Indonesia in Sept. 15, where two other divers brought a P3P to the boat and got me started flying. Buginese? Fierce pirates from the Bugis tribe of south Sulawesi who were the scourge of Dutch and English sailors, who, when/if they got home, would tell their kids to behave "or the Bugis man will get you".

Reactions: Wrice4
You'll probably "want" the 7.9" CrystalSky display down the road. SuperBright! The question is..... can we afford it?
This was what I was going to point out... from all i gather there just is no comparison to anything else out there... I live/fly in Hawaii... glare is a huge problem for me... most of the time I am hoping that my settings are correct... and [touch wood] so far they have been, cause it aint until I get back to my hose that i can evaluate them... I have a feeling that Crystal sky 7.9 is gonna be expensive :)

This was what I was going to point out... from all i gather there just is no comparison to anything else out there... I live/fly in Hawaii... glare is a huge problem for me... most of the time I am hoping that my settings are correct... and [touch wood] so far they have been, cause it aint until I get back to my hose that i can evaluate them... I have a feeling that Crystal sky 7.9 is gonna be expensive :)
You might want to try one of these while they are still half off ($50 instead of $100). I just ordered one for that reason.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jadabyanza24