What the P3 is discontined?

I just bought it this week. It is an investment. Its an investment in the platform. I have extra batteries and two chargers that now belong to a dead product line. You know what I could care less.. I bought replacement insurance with State Farm. If anything happens to this drone I will tell them its a dead product and the entire investment is a loss. It will net me $900 for replacement cost which I will use to purchase a new Autel X-Star... problem solved.

Sooo, let me get this straight here...It's DJI's fault that you didn't do any research on the product you bought?

Reactions: macoman
Sorry OP but your arguments about you getting one outdated product denote ignorance that how manufacture company works .Imagine for just a moment that we continue to drive the ford model T.

I just bought it this week. It is an investment. Its an investment in the platform. I have extra batteries and two chargers that now belong to a dead product line. You know what I could care less.. I bought replacement insurance with State Farm. If anything happens to this drone I will tell them its a dead product and the entire investment is a loss. It will net me $900 for replacement cost which I will use to purchase a new Autel X-Star... problem solved.

I think that maybe people are falling into a trap replying to this guy. His profile is virtually anonymous and he joined the site just a week ago. Sounds more like a troll than an enthusiast.....

(From an OP previous post)
Hi, I am a new flyer so take what I say with a grain of salt. .

OK - thanks, I will..... :)

I dunno about being a troll, but he's a whiner, certainly... ;)

DJI did not sell you that P3A, a store that had excess stock did, and I am sure at a deep discount from what it was retail just before Christmas. Right after Christmas, the retail of the pro already dropped to the same price as the advanced.
I wasn't pleased either DJI dropped most of the P3 line soon after the holidays but that's just how it goes.
Now along with that DJI having customer service and quality control issues are better reasons to gripe. Despite that though, the P3 series will still have a decent usable life. I'd like to consider upgrading but with accessories I have that only work with the P3, I'll make the most of it probably for at least a year. The drone I got last year for Christmas (technically year before) was a Syma X5C which I upgraded just before Christmas to the X5 that had FPV and course lock, before finding out my dad wanted to get me the Phantom.
I know it sucks, but just enjoy it and the fact you probably got it at 1/2 the price it was just a few months ago.

I too just purchase the advanced but I knew they had been discontinued.I spent a couple months deciding between it and the autel but after reading all the issues the xstar has I decided to go with another phantom as I had he standard before this. The autel guys have been waiting a year for a firmware update that they think is going to fix all the video interference that they get and a yaw rate that is unusable. From what I've seen I wouldn't be surprised if they don't go out of business soon. I'll just stick with DJI which may not have the best customer service but I know they will be around if I ever need parts and plus the aftermarket support with option parts and 3rd party software is great.

Reactions: Numone and macoman
I bought my P3P last month because it price was dropped significantly and yes, I knew it discontinued along with P4. However, the deal is a bargain for me.

Just throwing my 2 sense in but just maybe just maybe if something goes wrong and they can't fix it they'll do like cell phones and send you the next model up. Just maybe lol

Just throwing my 2 sense in but just maybe just maybe if something goes wrong and they can't fix it they'll do like cell phones and send you the next model up. Just maybe lol
Well if the rumor that is circulating in Twitter is truth that Apple will buy DJI... Then yes, they could send him a phantom 4 :).

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj