What the P3 is discontined?

Reaction score
I just heard the P3 Advanced I bought this week is no longer in production? Are you kidding me. I feel like DJI just hit me in the thumb with a hammer. Ouch. Can someone please verify what is going on with the P3? Did I get some bad information? I mean they are for sale all over the internet but not on the DJI store anymore? What gives? So basically if you do not want a P3 Standard you must move all the way up to the Mavic? Boy I tell you what I would have bought the Autel X Star if I would have known this last week. Is DJI trying to blow up their customer base or what?

Well if you think about it that drone has been out for 2 years now. When car manufactures make a new model they don't continue to make the old model too. I have the same one and it's still a great drone. They will still honor the warranty and still have parts available. You can still get stuff for the p1. So just fly and enjoy. P5 will be around the corner[emoji6]

Reactions: Sasquad
Well if you think about it that drone has been out for 2 years now. When car manufactures make a new model they don't continue to make the old model too. I have the same one and it's still a great drone. They will still honor the warranty and still have parts available. You can still get stuff for the p1. So just fly and enjoy. P5 will be around the corner[emoji6]
People invest in the technology. They want to be able to repair and replace to maximize their value. Like batteries for instance. Now if something happens to my drone my entire investment in batteries will be lost. I will not just be able to buy a new drone without a controller. I am so mad I could spit. DJI has lost a customer I will not buy another DJI drone after this experience.

As far as the parts are available to repair , we should not be much concerned. DJI is about to launch P5 and it may be difficult to continue manufacturing the old models and make the same profit.

Reactions: Quest-So
People invest in the technology. They want to be able to repair and replace to maximize their value. Like batteries for instance. Now if something happens to my drone my entire investment in batteries will be lost. I will not just be able to buy a new drone without a controller. I am so mad I could spit. DJI has lost a customer I will not buy another DJI drone after this experience.
I think you have a very odd view of the commercial world. How long is a laptop, phone, tablet, TV, camera et al, in production? Why, in your world, would a SUAV be any different? Do you boycott Dell, Samsung, Apple, Nikon, Canon, AN Other because they dare discontinue production of their existing product when its they release a new model? Sheesh.. And no, it's not an investment, it's enjoyment, fun or profession, but it depreciates.

Reactions: Quest-So
I think you have a very odd view of the commercial world. How long is a laptop, phone, tablet, TV, camera et al, in production? Why, in your world, would a SUAV be any different? Do you boycott Dell, Samsung, Apple, Nikon, Canon, AN Other because they dare discontinue production of their existing product when its they release a new model? Sheesh.. And no, it's not an investment, it's enjoyment, fun or profession, but it depreciates.
I just bought it this week. It is an investment. Its an investment in the platform. I have extra batteries and two chargers that now belong to a dead product line. You know what I could care less.. I bought replacement insurance with State Farm. If anything happens to this drone I will tell them its a dead product and the entire investment is a loss. It will net me $900 for replacement cost which I will use to purchase a new Autel X-Star... problem solved.

Reactions: PDubz14
I just bought it this week. It is an investment. Its an investment in the platform. I have extra batteries and two chargers that now belong to a dead product line. You know what I could care less.. I bought replacement insurance with State Farm. If anything happens to this drone I will tell them its a dead product and the entire investment is a loss. It will net me $900 for replacement cost which I will use to purchase a new Autel X-Star... problem solved.
Most importantly it will solve my problem ... the problem of being a DJI customer. I truly regret buying one.

Wow I can't believe what I've just read!

When Microsoft stopped making Windows XP did you wave your fists to the screen and throw a mardy fit? What about when it was announced that it was no longer being supported?

Whether you used Windows or not is irrelevant - you surly get what I'm saying.

Stop pouting and enjoy a brilliant bit of technology.

Playing devils advocate, I understand where the OP is coming from. However, the P3 series being discontinued has been a thing for about a month or more.

@brianminkc, if you are going to be upset with DJI, do it for something else, like their alleged bad customer service, their nerf of the max flight height, or using an apparently outdated aiirport map for NFZ. In this case, you should be upset with the place you got your P3A from for not informing you of the fact that it was discontinued.

That being said, parts are still plentiful, if something ever happened to it, repair should not be an issue for quite some time, your purchase is not wasted.

I think the OP is an immature person... Look, when you buy any product, you always check when it was first released to the market? Because I can tell you that I bought my phantom 3 standard few months ago and I know already that it was an old product not longer in production. I bought it for my enjoyment of filming and also owning a DJI drone. So far the experience has been incredibly. Best drone I ever have so far. If you so worry about the phantom not longer in production, you should have informed yourself first before expending all the money on it.

Most importantly it will solve my problem ... the problem of being a DJI customer. I truly regret buying one.

Right... so first up it's not a platform; you cannot change or upgrade any of the parts. Second, what did you pay for it? Not full price that's for sure. Third, you didn't bother doing any research before buying it? Seriously? Well, more fool you. Oh yes, when you go and buy the Autel X-Star (which does not compete with the P3 on most levels) you'll find THAT has been discontinued too. "**** Autel.... they didn't tell me that it was discontinued AND a crock.... I'm NEVER buying their products again..."
The person you're really upset with, is you, right? I did huge amounts of research before I purchased my P3A, I've flown 00's miles in many countries, have five batteries and large number of accessories and I've not had a single problem related to the AC to date. So before you carry on whining and feeling like an idiot, go and enjoy it. It's an excellent sUAV that's still competitive and produces great results. In reality, there are limitations by law that these AC cannot bread - altitude and distance, so all the manufacturers have now to exceed are camera capability, duration and flight intelligence. The world doesn't stop innovating I'm afraid, and DJI are no exception. Good job you didn't get a Karma or a Typhoon - as then IMO you'd be justified in your rants...

Wow I can't believe what I've just read!

When Microsoft stopped making Windows XP did you wave your fists to the screen and throw a mardy fit? What about when it was announced that it was no longer being supported?

Whether you used Windows or not is irrelevant - you surly get what I'm saying.

Stop pouting and enjoy a brilliant bit of technology.
When you buy windows and its obsolete you get a free upgrade.... can I get a send this back and get a Mavic? You surely get what I am saying.

When you buy windows and its obsolete you get a free upgrade.... can I get a send this back and get a Mavic? You surely get what I am saying.
What? A free upgrade? I must be missing something......

Windows XP users didn't get a free upgrade though did they!

I can only assume you are thinking about the more recent Windows 10 upgrade that Windows 7 and 8 users got - and it would seem everyone but you knows the reasons for that.

If you are going to reply with a half arsed answer because you didn't do the research and you are upset with yourself at least own up to it and stop being hateful.

Some people geez!

Windows XP users didn't get a free upgrade though did they!

I can only assume you are thinking about the more recent Windows 10 upgrade that Windows 7 and 8 users got - and it would seem everyone but you knows the reasons for that.

If you are going to reply with a half arsed answer because you didn't do the research and you are upset with yourself at least own up to it and stop being hateful.

Some people geez!
No reason to attack me personally because of my opinions about DJI selling me an obsolete craft without giving me some notice of same. You can make excuses about why I should accept that all day long if you want. If you don't mind being treated that way then you will enjoy buying new gear every year of so as they discontinue your last investment. Anyway I have a solution so no need to waste our time here disagreeing. I am going to fly this copter until it needs a repair or flies away and then I will replace it with an Autel X Star Premium... a solution I think thousands are going to join me in. Its DJI that will be the loser in the end. The Autel is a very good replacement for the discontinued products. DJI just dumped about 50% of its product line in one fell swoop and somehow everyone here seems to think that is an awesome move... well I beg to differ... and time will prove I am right. Many Phantom users will move to the Autel platform over the next 24 months.... you can bank on that. They will have little choice but to do so. I mean your other option is to drop $1400 on a Phantom 4 Pro. Nope I am not going to do that..... sorry.

I bought a Cadillac SRX. Last year, they discontinued the model and introduced the XT5.

It didn't make me upset; it didn't make me angry; and the SRX was every bit as much a great vehicle as it was the day before the XT5 was introduced.

You will have no issues whatsoever in getting parts for your P3A for a very long time. There are so many of them out there - and parts are continuing to be produced. I wouldn't worry one bit.

My advice is to relax and enjoy the P3A - it's a tremendous craft!

I bought a new computer 4 months ago, the mother board just died, and I noticed on the warranty that its life span was 4 years?? WTH.

I know I won't buy another one of those.

This reply was written on an iPhone 6 Plus and I'm sad because I don't have the latest model.

Sounds stupid when you put it like this doesn't it [emoji1]

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl