What the heck??

Reaction score
Turned on my rig (minus props) P3A so that I could go through the menus and check the settings.
The only thing I changed was the brake settings g, dropped it from 100 to 80 just to smooth it out a bit.
]Suddenly everything seemed to go mad, the LED's on the drone flashed all over the place and different colours and the display suddenly displayed the "update" message attached. As most on here know I've just done an update, not to the latest but to 1.4.10.
I turned off the drone but the battery "red LED on the ON/OFF switch stayed on. Pressed it twice and the battery turned on.
Turned off everything and back on and everything seems to be all right.
Bit scary.......
IMG_5792.jpg

Turned on my rig (minus props) P3A so that I could go through the menus and check the settings.
The only thing I changed was the brake settings g, dropped it from 100 to 80 just to smooth it out a bit.
]Suddenly everything seemed to go mad, the LED's on the drone flashed all over the place and different colours and the display suddenly displayed the "update" message attached. As most on here know I've just done an update, not to the latest but to 1.4.10.
I turned off the drone but the battery "red LED on the ON/OFF switch stayed on. Pressed it twice and the battery turned on.
Turned off everything and back on and everything seems to be all right.
Bit scary.......View attachment 109196
This is very similar to what I got for not doing firmware,,they locked it,,p4 solid red lights, I'm sure you now going to get a big blue notification like I did soon to update (I hope you dont)
But I flew to location to fly and craft locked after I refuse to update,,,,that's the stupid thing dji can do , seems to only target very few where others fly for years and no issue,,I don't want anyone to get locked paper weight ,seems outrageous that it's not for all dji drones but only some,,why this is I got no idea,,,,,for the record I hope that thought never happens,,,,our drone we buy it,mayby ok sell with firmware installed but no say once we own it,,again our drone ,our choice to update,,should never be forced on us
Screenshot_20190205-101335.jpg

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Not sure but I think it might be something to do with a "magnetic field".
IThe drone was on a shelf over an large electric heater. After it had settled down again I attempted a compass calibration and it said "strong magnetic field detected" or similar, so I moved outside and the calibration went OK.
Unfortunately due to terrible weather I can't try it out!

"Cheddarman"......Gee I sure do hope that you can get the Test Flight in asap....and i sure hope it go's great and you are happy with the flight time.......You sure do live in a very beautiful scenic area...i envy you 100%.

Not sure but I think it might be something to do with a "magnetic field".
IThe drone was on a shelf over an large electric heater. After it had settled down again I attempted a compass calibration and it said "strong magnetic field detected" or similar, so I moved outside and the calibration went OK.
Unfortunately due to terrible weather I can't try it out!
Yeh that's OK normal if close to metal objects or steel garages,,even with magnets in tablet or phone it seems to pick up other interference rather than what's in the device,,,,,,I still find it strange myself..yes enjoy your flight,,my turn for bit of rain on the coast

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik