What tablet to use with phantom 3 pro

I use an iPad mini 2 and mini 4, both work great, both are terrible in bright sunlight.
All tablets seem to be terrible in bright sunlight (I get lots of it in the desert here!).

What I think we are doing is comparing which is less terrible than others...

That said my iPad mini 4 is tolerable, but I have not had the opportunity to compare it to anything else.

I think the anti reflective screen is better in the 2016 models...Or maybe it's just the iPad pro that improved...
Both the iPad Mini 4 and iPad Pro have improvements to reduce glare. However, I don't think either will fare too well for most people in direct sunlight.

Both the iPad Mini 4 and iPad Pro have improvements to reduce glare. However, I don't think either will fare too well for most people in direct sunlight.

That's fair...Maybe I was just so used to the horrible glare from the K1 that this just seems that much better...

FPV goggles are the best thing I found to combat sunlight so far. I picked up a pair of Fat Shark Dominator HD V2s this week and am pretty impressed with them so far. I wouldn't suggest wearing them for taking off and landing, but they are great once you get your Phantom up in the air. The goggles block out 100% of outside light.

FPV goggles are the best thing I found to combat sunlight so far. I picked up a pair of Fat Shark Dominator HD V2s this week and am pretty impressed with them so far. I wouldn't suggest wearing them for taking off and landing, but they are great once you get your Phantom up in the air. The goggles block out 100% of outside light.

I had them too and I returned them for the Headplay...I know I look like a dork with them on but I like the Headplay much better...

EDIT (I had the V3 like in the below video maybe V2 is better IDK)

This was a good review comparing the two...Part 1 and 2

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I had them too and I returned them for the Headplay...I know I look like a dork with them on but I like the Headplay much better...
To be fair, they are different types of FPV goggles. I think Eachine one-upped Headplay with these.

Last edited:
Yes very different but the Headplay is different in a much better way...Thanks for showing me those Eachine Goggles...
I'm torn between the two. I want to get either the Headplay or the Eachine goggles too.

I'm torn between the two. I want to get either the Headplay or the Eachine goggles too.

I know what you mean I would be too...The Eachine are $100 cheaper..I would probably go that way and if I didn't like them return them for the proven Headplay.. Or you can do what I wouldn't and wait for the reviews.

I like the idea that they are smaller. People seem to love the Headplay googles, but most say they need to look around too much since the screen is so large.

I like the idea that they are smaller. People seem to love the Headplay googles, but most say they need to look around too much since the screen is so large.
That is a non issue for me I don't even notice that...When I let other people wear them the first words out of their mouth are either "Holy Sh..t, Oh my god, or Wow!...

I would be torn and I really don't know what I would do...The first thing I buy is usually not what I wanted...So if you do the opposite of what I said earlier of buying the the Eachine you can't go wrong.;)

Here's my track record

Phantom Advance first P3P second (higher Bitrate on the P3P)
K1 first iPad second
fatshark first headplay second

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers