what settings on cellphone?

Reaction score
I am going to try my first flight today. I am wondering if there are any special settings for my Samsung Galaxy note 8 cell phone. Like, should I put it in airplane mode? Bluetooh on or off, Wi-Fi on or off? What happens if you get an email or phone call when you are flying?

Check out this article for tips on setting up Android devices to run DJI GO as efficiently as possible.

Reactions: captain crunch
Hi yip no wifi,just airplane mode to stop any calls or activity from your device,,and enjoy

Let's clarify the point, if you turn off wifi on the phone, you can not connect to the controller either (Phantom3_XXX) The Avion Mode turns off all cellular connections (data, wifi, gps, etc) then we turn on wifi only

Doesn't airplane mode stop maps from loading?
It will if you don't have the maps cached. Assuming you cached the maps though, you won't need any of the features that are disabled when airplane mode is enabled.

Flights went great....no problems. I was getting a pop up massage that was saying something about cache full or out of memory? I was in the air, so did not pay too much attention to it. I looked for videos of how to manage and work with P4 pro videos and still pictures. All the videos talked about advanced camera settings. I just need basic use information at this point. When in the DJI go 4 app and tap on editor.......I only see 4 videos and no still pictures. I must be doing something wrong. Do you have links to basic use off go 4 app and or photo / video management. My SD card is 64 GB, so I think it is plenty big enough for 3 batteries worth of pictures and videos.

Flights went great....no problems. I was getting a pop up massage that was saying something about cache full or out of memory? I was in the air, so did not pay too much attention to it. I looked for videos of how to manage and work with P4 pro videos and still pictures. All the videos talked about advanced camera settings. I just need basic use information at this point. When in the DJI go 4 app and tap on editor.......I only see 4 videos and no still pictures. I must be doing something wrong. Do you have links to basic use off go 4 app and or photo / video management. My SD card is 64 GB, so I think it is plenty big enough for 3 batteries worth of pictures and videos.
Great fun ay,yip bit unsure on p4p but I use 64gb and that is heaps of space but even though sd card never gets full (mainly delete stuff) I still find it have to click on the sd card logo to import some pictures when not displayed in editor,no idea why this happens but drone needs to be powered on to do this,here's a pic,
Screenshot_20180321-103115.jpg

Let's clarify the point, if you turn off wifi on the phone, you can not connect to the controller either (Phantom3_XXX) The Avion Mode turns off all cellular connections (data, wifi, gps, etc) then we turn on wifi only
Same with Ipad? Mine has both WiFi and cellular.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj