What range extender to buy

Reaction score
Hi all. I’m new to the phantom and have a phantom 3 std. what range extenders would you all recommend please as there is quite a few on the market. And what are the common problems/faults to expect. I live in North Wales UK so I would like a good range.

It depends on how much of a budget you have, you might want to try the parabolic reflector type first

or the ArgTek panel system

Last edited:
0ead2594bb93b090b45d759e66f15023.jpg

I’m going with this model for the P3A.

Last edited:
The itelite in post #4 is not made for the P3S as it is missing an antenna for the 5.8 ghz control signal.

With the argtec you get a 5.8 omni directional ( long ariel ) and a flat panel aswell so you can swap out the middle one depending if you want more distance or versatility the flat panel gives you better distance but you need to be pointing at the direction off the drone to keep contact as ot only pushes the signal forward , you get a normal antenna aswell which pushes a signal out in all directions for more comprehensive flying

I bought the cheap Chinese version of the ARGTEK style and for $30 it was a good price-performance ratio for me. YMMV

DBS Itelite modification works wonders. In ideal settings I'm getting out to around 13,000 feet, but most importantly, I'm getting little to no distortion of video breakup whatsoever as I was when I was using the remote stock. You won't be disappointed and it was an incredibly easy set up.

The wind surfer is definitely the best bang for the buck..I did it first.. Like $12 on Amazon. I finally settled on the itelite DBS. Over 15000' with no signal loss.

Bought the ARGTEK for 54 dollars on ebay, 5.8GHZ works fine but it will RTH after 400-500 ft shows loss of remote wireless, checked everything and still is bad............ohm'd out the cables and am showing a good connection. Going to put the old antennas back on tomorrow.

Hi all. I’m new to the phantom and have a phantom 3 std. what range extenders would you all recommend please as there is quite a few on the market. And what are the common problems/faults to expect. I live in North Wales UK so I would like a good range.

I use Wind Surfers which are parabolic reflectors spaced properly behind the stock antennas. This forces the RF into a bran configuration that can be pointed towards the drone for superior signal control. They cost around $15.00 on amazon and most time they will outfly the battery. No need for costly and possibly illegal amplifiers in these bands. I can get 7,500 feet at 400 feet altitude with 100% signal showing in Litchi.

Good luck, do some reading and you tube videos.
Jim
WA5TEF.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor