What Phantom version do I have?

Reaction score
Hi there, guys.

A friend of mine got a second hand Phantom, with a Gopro Hero included (Just Hero; the one with the non removable case). I'm not sure what kind of phanton it is, so I'll really appreciate if Yes, I understand can help me with that too. The model say it is P330D. It Is the 1?

Also, there is something that is stirring me, as you can see in the picture attached, a cable (from what I read is a deceptive, is broken from the inside), the weird part is that I am able to fly it. Does it affect something?

I'm thinking about to buy him this craft, but I'm worry about the cable and the support from DJi, will be I'm able to get spare parts in the future?

Any help would be really appreciate!
IMAG0256~01.jpg
IMAG0257~01.jpg

That appears to be a P1. That wire is one of the antennas, I would not fly it that way. Could be an easy fix but I'm not familiar with the P1's.

Thank you, guys.
We have fly it like this (with the antenna cable lose) and so far no problems, but I think this could affect the range or something worse. I think it could be fixed by soldering the other end to the place where it should be, but I'd like to know how recommended is that.

Another question is if I could get support for it, meaning spare parts like batteries or mainboard, etc.

Do this model support a monitor to watch the gopro mounted?

Thank you, guys.
We have fly it like this (with the antenna cable lose) and so far no problems, but I think this could affect the range or something worse. I think it could be fixed by soldering the other end to the place where it should be, but I'd like to know how recommended is that.

Another question is if I could get support for it, meaning spare parts like batteries or mainboard, etc.

Do this model support a monitor to watch the gopro mounted?
Yes put the antenna wire back together. That is highly recommended, it affects the range, and whether or not you are in control of your Phantom.

Yep, lots of parts suppliers around. Read some threads and do some searching.

Yes you can put a GoPro on your bird.

Before you do anything else, you need to find out if you have a P1 or an FC40. You say you have flown it, so look on the back of the controller and find out if it says 2.4 ghz or 5.8 ghz. A close up picture of the label on the back of the controller and on the bottom of the Phantom would answer a lot of questions.

If you remove the top (open the shell) be careful not to get a magnetic screwdriver near the compass. Also, be very careful that you do not strip the screws at the end of the arms.

Lots of threads about anything you can think of here. Look in the FC40 forums too, they are basically the same bird.

Look in my signature for some helpful links.

Yes put the antenna wire back together. That is highly recommended, it affects the range, and whether or not you are in control of your Phantom.

Yep, lots of parts suppliers around. Read some threads and do some searching.

Yes you can put a GoPro on your bird.

Before you do anything else, you need to find out if you have a P1 or an FC40. You say you have flown it, so look on the back of the controller and find out if it says 2.4 ghz or 5.8 ghz. A close up picture of the label on the back of the controller and on the bottom of the Phantom would answer a lot of questions.

If you remove the top (open the shell) be careful not to get a magnetic screwdriver near the compass. Also, be very careful that you do not strip the screws at the end of the arms.

Lots of threads about anything you can think of here. Look in the FC40 forums too, they are basically the same bird.

Look in my signature for some helpful links.

This guy knows more about the early birds than I do. He can help you.
What I know for sure is my P2 has two of those antennas hanging out and if one is broken, I ain't flying.

Reactions: IflyinWY
Alright, guys, I'll take a look in deep to it.
I'm thinking about buying it, it's a second hand one. Any good price for start? I'm offering 250 usd for it but not sure if I'm cutting my head with that price.

What you've got there is a Phantom 1.1.1. It runs on 2.4GHz, so be careful not to use a GoPro's wifi if you ever get one that has that capability.

Pretty ballsy flying with that busted antenna. I wouldn't fly it until I fixed that. Look on ebay and find yourself another receiver/antenna combo for a DJI Phantom 1.1.1

$20 at this auction
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-DJI...820?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c9c1da63c

It's really easy to replace once you get the top shell open. Happy flying.

Reactions: Marlin009
Alright, guys, I'll take a look in deep to it.
I'm thinking about buying it, it's a second hand one. Any good price for start? I'm offering 250 usd for it but not sure if I'm cutting my head with that price.

See if the guy will take $200 Tell him that you have to get a new receiver/antenna module to get that one working again and that B&H photo is actually selling brand new ones for $299 (although I think they've run out now).

Reactions: IflyinWY
If you can score it, and it is a 1.1.1, I think you should jump on it at 200.

Provided you are a tinkerer who can fix it. It should be simple.
There may be a second antenna dangling out along with an alternate power supply. Maybe a red and grey wire. I suggest you isolate the red one, it's HOT.

If you have a bird with 2 antennas, you're not in a "CRITICAL" situation, but I wouldn't fly it till repaired either.

Lots to learn of these machines and it's worth learning so you don't do sumpin stupid and make the news. :eek:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic